Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help appreciated on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.

Article about: Hi all, I have been offered this rather nice looking PAB in silver but I do not know who the maker is...or if it is 100% original, I like the detail in it, it is nice and crisp but am unsure

Default Help appreciated on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.

Hi all, I have been offered this rather nice looking PAB in silver but I do not know who the maker is...or if it is 100% original, I like the detail in it, it is nice and crisp but am unsure. Any help much appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help appreciated on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.   Help appreciated on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.  

Last edited by rbminis; 09-30-2016 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Shortened title.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help appreciated on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.
    P
    Many

This one is made by Steinhauer & Lück. I believe they were/are referred to as Juncker set up
    This one retains quite a bit of it's original finish. If the price is fair, I would go for it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have seen the hardware on other PAB's from an "unknown maker" and also heard it has been thought to be a S&L production or Zimmermann...would this be correct?

Hi Ralph, Great! Thanks for your quick reply I thought of juncker with that hinge when I first saw it...yes unlike many zinc badges...

Quote by JonathanW View Post
    I have seen the hardware on other PAB's from an "unknown maker" and also heard it has been thought to be a S&L production or Zimmermann...would this be correct?
    That could very well be correct, I can not remember at this moment.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cool, Thanks heaps for the help Ralph!

It's not proven. Besides, the eagles head and the grass foreground are different when compared side by side. There is also a slight difference in the rear set up when you compare the S&L badge to the "Unknown Juncker set-up" badge.

Hi Ralph, Great! Thanks for your quick reply I thought of juncker with that hinge when I first saw it...yes unlike many zinc badges...
    The badge you show looks like a good zinc S&L "Classic set-up" in silver, as Ralph says, worth a punt if the price is right. Please don't ask for an evaluation, look around and figure out if it's worth it to you.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Big Ned,
    Yeah, I noticed a few different thoughts flying around when I looked into it a bit more. Very interesting, I always like the fact there are "unknown" makers, shows there is much more to be found out

Awsome! I may pick it up I may not...further research into pricing will need to be done. I won't Thanks!

Regards Jonathan.

Well here is the badge, I ended up buying it and it arrived a couple of days ago, here are some pics of my own. Pretty happy with it! Thanks heaps for your help on this one Ned and Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help appreciated on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.   Help appreciated on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.  

Help appreciated on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.  

A very nice example!
    Congrats on adding this one!
    I have two bronze ones but I have yet to get a silver.
    Ralph.
    P.S. You should save all of the photos that you are going to post larger like the angled reverse. It allows us to enlarge them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast