Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help required, Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze

Article about: Gents Not a badge man but thinking of buying one. This should be ok but as with everything if I do not know I check Opinion please Many thanks

Default Help required, Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze

Gents

Not a badge man but thinking of buying one. This should be ok but as with everything if I do not know I check

Opinion please

Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help required, Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze   Help required, Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze  

Help required, Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze   Help required, Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-19-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help required, Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze
    P
    Many

?

Original Frank & Reif.

Many thanks
    Ben

MAP
    ?

Ryuuk is of course correct. If it matters it is a later war Type 4.2.3 with typical die flaw on the top left Wreath. It is the most commonly seen variant and is the last one made by F&R.

Nice pick up Ben! Congrats!

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP,

Forgive my ignorance but I see a lot of references to badges and decorations with a number sequence with them. In this case 4.2.3?? Where is this information and numbering system, in a reference book??

Thanks

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    MAP,

Forgive my ignorance but I see a lot of references to badges and decorations with a number sequence with them. In this case 4.2.3?? Where is this information and numbering system, in a reference book??

Thanks

Smitty
    Yes, it is in Philippe DeBocks book (The German Panzer Assault Badge of WWII). In and of itself it means nothing. Just something to help categorize a type/variation and typically helps "Variant Type Collectors". It can get confusing especially when different authors produce their own tables or when new variations are found that are not in the reference books (which we all know are static)

In this case:
    4 is for the Design Type (you could have many makers using similar dies, in the case of Design Type 4, they were F&R, Mayer, and "Unknown 7 wheel design")
    2 is for being the 2nd identified maker (the others being noted above)
    3 is for being the 3rd variant of this maker

Hope this helps
    Last edited by MAP; 08-20-2017 at 01:00 AM.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Ryuuk is of course correct. If it matters it is a later war Type 4.2.3 with typical die flaw on the top left Wreath. It is the most commonly seen variant and is the last one made by F&R.

Nice pick up Ben! Congrats!

Not got it yet, making sure its ok lol
    Ben

MAP
    ?

Would love it see more photos if/when you get it. This is a great looking example.

Here is a mid maker's mark example with the same die flaw that Michael mentions.
    This example came directly from my father, after he passed.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I can see that someone carved their initials W.I. but still wondering what is between (below) these two letters. A scratch or another letter?