Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Herman Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Hello everyone, I am really uncertain if this badge is fake or not. I bought it from a reputable dealer, so returning it won't be an issue. I held it next to the Philip de Bock books. I thin

Default Herman Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Hello everyone,

I am really uncertain if this badge is fake or not. I bought it from a reputable dealer, so returning it won't be an issue.
    I held it next to the Philip de Bock books. I think it is not ok. But i would like some more oppinions before i return it.

Herman Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberHerman Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber
    Herman Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberHerman Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Kind regards,

Juncker93
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-18-2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Herman Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

Hinge and pin looks a little suspicious. I am not seeing what is needed to confirm as a correct period badge. No tooling lines in the area of the pin mounting area.

John

raz
    ?

What do you see ? I agree it does not look correct with the pab book . Stippled area behind the oak leaves soft, veins in leaves are soft , eagles head looks a bit different ,area under turret left side very different ( ridge on yours ) catch does not look like tombak , and the H in the maker mark doesn't look right to me . Again I am going from pictures in a book . Ralph is the PAB guy so wait for his comment . Raz

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Hinge and pin looks a little suspicious. I am not seeing what is needed to confirm as a correct period badge. No tooling lines in the area of the pin mounting area.

John
    I have learned that these can be found without "tooling lines" on the hinge.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by raz View Post
    What do you see ? I agree it does not look correct with the pab book . Stippled area behind the oak leaves soft, veins in leaves are soft , eagles head looks a bit different ,area under turret left side very different ( ridge on yours ) catch does not look like tombak , and the H in the maker mark doesn't look right to me . Again I am going from pictures in a book . Ralph is the PAB guy so wait for his comment . Raz
    The poor photos and lighting make this one a bit difficult to determine if you are looking at the detail of the obverse.
    One of the main things that I look for in this case is the amount of contact between the swastika and the turret.
    Compare with my example.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The op's badge is indeed a well known fake, as well as the mentioned Eagles head & swaz fit to turret the rear of the badge should also be slightly dished (Ralphs is obviously text book) regards,Paul

Ralph , good to know. This PAB pops up often.

John

Well this confirms my thoughts. Thanks everyone for helping me with there opinions
    Much appreciated.

Regards,

juncker93