Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hermann Aurich Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions

Article about: Hi gang! This guy walked into the shop today. I'd like to hear your thoughts. I think it's ok... but it looks a bit strange.

Default Hermann Aurich Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions

Hi gang!

This guy walked into the shop today. I'd like to hear your thoughts. I think it's ok... but it looks a bit strange.

Hermann Aurich Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinionsHermann Aurich Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinionsHermann Aurich Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinionsHermann Aurich Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinionsHermann Aurich Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Aurich Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Hermann Aurich Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions

Sorry, I believe this one is a fake. There are details on the obverse which are wrong and the strange pitting on the reverse is not like anything I've seen on an original Aurich let alone any other badge. The base metal also doesn't look right.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian is absolutely correct with his opinion of this badge. Let's just look at the reverse of it without concerning the poorly detailed obverse. It's known as the "Spotted Fake" due to the attempts at artificial ageing that has left the black marks, or spots, on the badge around the hinge area.

Dead right on the base metal too. This particular fake has a very high lead content, you could probably use it as a pencil!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with Adrian.
    Do a search, there are a few examples of originals to study, some with detailed photos.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/panze...aurich-178250/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)