Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hymmen & Co., Hollow Tombak PAB in Bronze.

Article about: Hi guys, Here's another recent addition, a very rare and desirable Hymmen & Co. hollow tombak Panzerkampf Abzeichen in bronze from very early on during the badges introduction. Whilst th

?

Default Re: Hymmen & Co., Hollow Tombak PAB in Bronze.

I really love the wreath and panzer on these Hymmen's.....but the condition really makes this a gorgeous PAB too Ned! BTW Nice photography man

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hymmen & Co., Hollow Tombak PAB in Bronze.
    P
    Many

?

An interesting an unique maker Ned. Their products always seem to be a bit on the quirky side. I have a Minesweeper with very distinctive eagle, there just always seems to be a design anomaly with their pieces, almost like their designer or tool cutter was a bit 'out there'. I love 'em though!

Thank you for posting such a great badge and detailed synopsis of it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A very sexy badge Ned, pass me the tissue box!

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Thank you Ned,only having a relatively small collection of badges(non of which have this hinge type)I thought it may have been a maker specific. I will keep my eye out for this generic hinge in the future!! Leon.
    You'll find the small block tombak hinge on some of the early Panzerkampf Abzeichen's by these makers:

B&NL, Deumer, FLL, Wilhelm Hobacher, Hymmen & Co., F.O., Wurster and the '7 Wheeler' type. I think that about covers it as other manufacturers used some of the myriad other types without ever adopting this one.

Here's another example on an early hollow tombak Wurster from a different angle.

Hymmen & Co., Hollow Tombak PAB in Bronze.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    An interesting an unique maker Ned. Their products always seem to be a bit on the quirky side. I have a Minesweeper with very distinctive eagle, there just always seems to be a design anomaly with their pieces, almost like their designer or tool cutter was a bit 'out there'. I love 'em though!

Thank you for posting such a great badge and detailed synopsis of it.
    I agree with you there, nearly all of their badges have a strange kinda 'aura' about them!
    The Infanterie Sturmabzeichen they produced was pretty odd looking with another weird looking head and thick wings but strangely compelling too!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hymmen & Co., Hollow Tombak PAB in Bronze.  
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Here's the afore mentioned Minesweeper. The eagle could be looking either way and the wings are quite low slung with the shoulders quite a distance from the head in comparison to other badges. A very unique and easily identifiable bird.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hymmen & Co., Hollow Tombak PAB in Bronze.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nice badges, guys. I really like this maker. It seems like the designer was the hipster of the Third Reich awards community. haha

?

Congrats. Very nice detail on that fine badge.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I agree with you there, nearly all of their badges have a strange kinda 'aura' about them!
    The Infanterie Sturmabzeichen they produced was pretty odd looking with another weird looking head and thick wings but strangely compelling too!
    Well I never !!,that rifle also looks a touch squashed/short to me(although that could be down to the "traditional" bottle of sunday wine I have just drunk!! Very interesting variants Ned,thank you very much. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Well I never !!,that rifle also looks a touch squashed/short to me(although that could be down to the "traditional" bottle of sunday wine I have just drunk!! Very interesting variants Ned,thank you very much. Leon.
    Raleigh: Oh, it certainly has plenty of nose!
    Melchett: Oh yes, this is very familiar.
    Blackadder: (Looking at Baldrick) I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that there is an inexhaustible supply!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast