Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Juncker Panzerkampfabzeichen

Article about: Hi i own one PAB its a Juncker and is zinc im sure its quite common, i don't no much more than that. Just wanted to get some info about it, i have the PAB book on the way but will be about a

Quote by big ned View Post
    Thanks. Oddly enough the bronze zincer on the right (which is the same as yours only with a darker finish) is probably the harder to find than the very desirable NS badges shown with it!
    so are are badges classed as the same in the book?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    You have De Bock's books coming? They are like an encyclopedia of PABs!
    Yeah thats the book i got it for £100 new for the set, which seems cheap
    my reference book collection is coming on nicely

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Juncker Panzerkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hi Martin, nice badge indeed, have not got into these badges as for yet, but would definetely like to buy them in the near future. Also, just out of curiosity, the book you bought, if I may ask, did you get it on MB Militaria? Regards, Juan
    This one I bought sometime ago, its in bits, but for the price, I was happy about it

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    so are are badges classed as the same in the book?

Yeah thats the book i got it for £100 new for the set, which seems cheap
    my reference book collection is coming on nicely
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Juncker Panzerkampfabzeichen  

Thanks. Oddly enough the bronze zincer on the right (which is the same as yours only with a darker finish) is probably the harder to find than the very desirable NS badges shown with it!

"so are are badges classed as the same in the book?" QUOTE.

Technically speaking the obverse design only changed minutely depending on materials used, and was constant throughout Juncker's production of the badge. But there are many variants within this broad spectrum, being in the finish (where washes/coatings were sometimes applied), various rear set ups (some only very slight like a tapered cut on a hinge base for instance), and of course the various alloys that were used as the badge blank( N/S, Hollow Tombak/Buntmetall, Solid Cupal, Hollow Zinc, Solid Zinc).

All these could be said to add up to around 10 variants of the 6 various production material designs whilst ignoring slight differences such as utilising a white metal catch rather than say a Tombak one, and copper undercoated zinc badges as opposed to those were this method was not used.

You'll see what I mean when you get the book and study it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Hi Martin, nice badge indeed, have not got into these badges as for yet, but would definetely like to buy them in the near future. Also, just out of curiosity, the book you bought, if I may ask, did you get it on MB Militaria? Regards, Juan
    This one I bought sometime ago, its in bits, but for the price, I was happy about it
    Hi Juan, the book is from germany Ebay i got it for £110 with shipping he said its new, he had 4 in stock i bought one as did a member on here so 2 left
    The German Panzer Assault Badge of World War II by Philippe De Bock 2 B

"so are are badges classed as the same in the book?" QUOTE.

Technically speaking the obverse design only changed minutely depending on materials used, and was constant throughout Juncker's production of the badge. But there are many variants within this broad spectrum, being in the finish (where washes/coatings were sometimes applied), various rear set ups (some only very slight like a tapered cut on a hinge base for instance), and of course the various alloys that were used as the badge blank( N/S, Hollow Tombak/Buntmetall, Solid Cupal, Hollow Zinc, Solid Zinc).

All these could be said to add up to around 10 variants of the 6 various production material designs whilst ignoring slight differences such as utilising a white metal catch rather than say a Tombak one, and copper undercoated zinc badges as opposed to those were this method was not used.

You'll see what I mean when you get the book and study it.

Regards, Ned.
    Yeah as all badges the early better metals are always better badges, when it comes i will.
    cant see me buying a Juncker PAB 100 seems there selling for £32,000

KR Martin

Quote by ironcross13 View Post

Yeah as all badges the early better metals are always better badges, when it comes i will.
    cant see me buying a Juncker PAB 100 seems there selling for £32,000

KR Martin
    You've gotta find one first and then worry about the spondoo's.....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

You've gotta find one first and then worry about the spondoo's.....
    Must be a really rare badge then not many known of?

MAP
    ?

I was the "lucky" other guy that picked up the PAB book set. Even though shipping to the US was not cheap, all in the cost was still less then the ones I see for sale over here.

Thanks Martin for giving me the heads up!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I was the "lucky" other guy that picked up the PAB book set. Even though shipping to the US was not cheap, all in the cost was still less then the ones I see for sale over here.

Thanks Martin for giving me the heads up!!!
    No problem

The cheapest ive seen them is militaria-berlin.de for 200+30euro with shipping
    so there cheap from this seller!

You've both done very well and won't regret your purchases believe me.

MAP
    ?

You've both done very well and won't regret your purchases believe me.
    Thanks Ned. Can't keep on relying on you and the gang all the time! I had to step up my game a bit. Can't wait till they arrive. Unfortunately they are on the slow boat so have to wait till end of Aug

Also picked up the IAB and Para book from Bender, they should arrive on Monday hopefully. Nice reading when I go on a short vacation next week.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast