Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Meybauer Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver. Solid Zinc Type 4.3.4.

Article about: Hi Guys, Had this one for around 18 months or so and never got around to showing it. It's a solid zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver by Paul Meybauer, and although not rare, it's still cons

Default Meybauer Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver. Solid Zinc Type 4.3.4.

Hi Guys,

Had this one for around 18 months or so and never got around to showing it. It's a solid zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver by Paul Meybauer, and although not rare, it's still considered uncommon. The maker was unknown for a long time and was only pinned down in the last couple of years to Meybauer by the commonality of it's hardware to some other of that makers badges, mainly KM ones.

The badge was previously known as the "7 Wheeler" type due to the fact that there are seven wheels visible in the right hand track (as you look at it) compared to only six in those by other PAB makers. The badge is well made and has a rear set up of a wraparound hinge and sturdy flat wire 'C' shaped catch. It's also noticeable by the partially cut out swastika that made a reappearance in this solid badge after having been missing from the earlier hollow version of this 2nd die type. These cut outs can be either of one, two or none at all depending on the individual badge. It's known that they encountered problems with the cut out tool that was used for this process and the evidence of this is often seen on these later badges.

Regards, Ned.

Meybauer Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.  Solid Zinc Type 4.3.4.Meybauer Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.  Solid Zinc Type 4.3.4.Meybauer Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.  Solid Zinc Type 4.3.4.Meybauer Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.  Solid Zinc Type 4.3.4.Meybauer Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.  Solid Zinc Type 4.3.4.Meybauer Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.  Solid Zinc Type 4.3.4.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Meybauer Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.  Solid Zinc Type 4.3.4.
    P
    Many

Very nice Ned!
    I have two "seven wheelers", a semi scooped back bronze and a hollow silver. I am sure there are a few more variations from this maker.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Very nice Ned!
    I have two "seven wheelers", a semi scooped back bronze and a hollow silver. I am sure there are a few more variations from this maker.
    Ralph.
    That's right Ralph, at least 3 different die types and hollow, semi hollow and solid badges in both silver and bronze, hinge, pin and catch, plus screw back reverse set ups add up to a fair few to get for the whole set.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

that's a very nice example Ned.