Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My gift this christmas

Article about: I got this for Christmas. What's it worth?

?

Default Re: My gift this christmas

How common is a Scholze MM?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My gift this christmas
    P
    Many

Soviet

Adrian is correct. Scholze is the maker. Very similar maker's mark to Stubbe. Thanks Adrian for not letting me lead him awry.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Quote by Soviet View Post
    How common is a Scholze MM?
    Scholze is a common maker and their badges can be found marked or unmarked.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Scholze is a common maker and their badges can be found marked or unmarked.
    Ok thanks. If some are unmarked, how do you tell if it's an scholze?

?

Quote by Soviet View Post
    Ok thanks. If some are unmarked, how do you tell if it's an scholze?
    Based upon the reverse hardware, the pin, the hinge and the catch and also down to the individual features of particular maker's badges. If an unmarked badge has the exact obverse design as a marked badge and the exact same reverse hardware as a marked badge then it's reasonable to make the assumption they're from the same maker.

I don't know of one but your Panzerkampfabzeichen looks like an original 'AS in triangle', commonly thought to be Adolf Scholze. Try a search for 'Scholze' or 'AS' on the forum and compare your badge to others posted here.
    Adrian, not trying to question your knowledge, but I believe that the example that I have posted is by maker "Adolf Scholze". I understand that the one that started this thread are still known as "AS in triangle".
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My gift this christmas   My gift this christmas  

My gift this christmas   My gift this christmas  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Adrian, not trying to question your knowledge, but I believe that the example that I have posted is by maker "Adolf Scholze". I understand that the one that started this thread are still known as "AS in triangle".
    Ralph.
    Haha! This is where things get complicated. The badge you post Ralph is a Scholze badge.
    The badge that this thread is about is thought to be Scholze based upon the things I mentioned in my last post. In post #15 I said that the maker is 'commonly thought to be Adolf Scholze', we as collectors have no way of knowing 100% of course and better people than me have spent hours trying to figure it out but based upon many factors and minute investigations of these badges. The general concensus is that AS in triangle marked awards are thought most likely to be from Adolf Scholze.

Haha! This is where things get complicated. The badge you post Ralph is a Scholze badge.
    The badge that this thread is about is thought to be Scholze based upon the things I mentioned in my last post. In post #15 I said that the maker is 'commonly thought to be Adolf Scholze', we as collectors have no way of knowing 100% of course and better people than me have spent hours trying to figure it out but based upon many factors and minute investigations of these badges. The general concensus is that AS in triangle marked awards are thought most likely to be from Adolf Scholze.
    With different hardware, reverse and obverse, I think that it would be unlikely. I do believe the jury is still out on this issue.
    Regardless, the Panzerkampf Abzeichen that started this thread is original.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    With different hardware, reverse and obverse, I think that it would be unlikely. I do believe the jury is still out on this issue.
    Regardless, the Panzerkampf Abzeichen that started this thread is original.
    Ralph.
    As I said - complicated! The jury is still out and I certainly don't have all the answers but if those better people than I are calling AS in triangle Scholze then I am happy to accept their theories.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3