Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My s&l and schauerte& Hohfeld pab

Article about: i have been told the schauerte & Hohfeld is a rare one and was my first badge

Default My s&l and schauerte& Hohfeld pab

i have been told the schauerte & Hohfeld is a rare one and was my first badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My  s&l and schauerte& Hohfeld  pab   My  s&l and schauerte& Hohfeld  pab  

My  s&l and schauerte& Hohfeld  pab   My  s&l and schauerte& Hohfeld  pab  

My  s&l and schauerte& Hohfeld  pab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My  s&l and schauerte& Hohfeld  pab
    P
    Many

Nice. A shot of the reverse of the S&H would be really appreciated though. Is it zinc or tombak?

Thanks, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

spent the last hour trying to get good photos , its tomback hollow will try again

Straight on, front and back is the way to go Hawkins. No need for arty farty angled shots when you want to look at set up details etc.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

back with the square like hook
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My  s&l and schauerte& Hohfeld  pab  

Hi Hawkins,

That is one beautiful and rare badge mate! Interesting to note the beginnings of the production problems they increasingly encountered in their hollow badge production. The large amounts of hand filing around the turret, cupola, gun and inner wreath at the barrel end is clearly evident. The tombak catch on the rectangular base indicates this is the final type ('E') variant of 5 slightly different hollow tombak badge set ups, this catch went on to be utilised in the later hollow zinc production badges by S&H.

The S&L in silver is also a fine example of the earliest zinc badge by that maker, and is commonly known as the 'Classic Set Up' variant. Not a rare badge, they were made in great numbers, but still a highly detailed and desirable badge. Thanks for showing these.

Regards, Ned.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Hawkins,

That is one beautiful and rare badge mate! Interesting to note the beginnings of the production problems they increasingly encountered in their hollow badge production. The large amounts of hand filing around the turret, cupola, gun and inner wreath at the barrel end is clearly evident. The tombak catch on the rectangular base indicates this is the final type ('E') variant of 5 slightly different hollow tombak badge set ups, this catch went on to be utilised in the later hollow zinc production badges by S&H.

The S&L in silver is also a fine example of the earliest zinc badge by that maker, and is commonly known as the 'Classic Set Up' variant. Not a rare badge, they were made in great numbers, but still a highly detailed and desirable badge. Thanks for showing these.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks very much ! its real nice to be able to read when some one can give detail as you have , alas i lack the skill of explaining items at times in the detail i would like . Whats the going rate for one of these , had a few over time asking to buy followed with me to name a price , i was hoping the 25 jfs was a winner as that would have been amazing ,

beayt badges,thanks for the background Ned.

You have some very nice awards there Hawkins, don't sell them, if people make you offers do a great trade to your advantage. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    You have some very nice awards there Hawkins, don't sell them, if people make you offers do a great trade to your advantage. Leon.
    thanks there not for sale , but i never say never with how life go's , They dont even offer , just say will i sell and when i ask they say for me to give a price , seems to be a theim with me , i like them to much my self

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast