Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle

Article about: Hello what are your thoughts on this badge I could not find much to compare it to thank you for your timer ans help Tony

Hi William,

Maybe due to the ding it's taken on the end of the beak. It's still another 'Fat Catch Fake' based on the 3.3.2 design type and has the same problems with the unflattened ball hinge. Note the heavily scooped out rear of the badge, it is almost a mirror image of the tank on the obverse, the 3.3.2 type was the only AS in T PAB to have this detailed rear scoop, the other three types were not as near so well defined.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle
    P
    Many

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi William,

Maybe due to the ding it's taken on the end of the beak. It's still another 'Fat Catch Fake' based on the 3.3.2 design type and has the same problems with the unflattened ball hinge.
    thanks Ned, that's what I was thinking.

William Kramer

another badge I found. Why am I having such a hard time with these lately?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle   PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle  

PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle   PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle  

Quote by all1knew View Post
    another badge I found. Why am I having such a hard time with these lately?

William Kramer
    WOW!! That's a pretty rare fake from Staegemeir. How the hell he teamed up an AS in T marked badge with a JFS designed catch that's only seen on numbered awards by them we'll never know I reckon. Interesting to also note that this badge appears to be of a tombak/buntmetall construction as well, not cheap old zinc like the originals.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

these may be relevant!

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle   PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle  

PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle   PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2