Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle

Article about: Hello what are your thoughts on this badge I could not find much to compare it to thank you for your timer ans help Tony

?

Default PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle

Hello
    what are your thoughts on this badge
    I could not find much to compare it to
    thank you for your timer ans help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle   PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle  

PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle   PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle
    P
    Many

Hello Tony,
    There are some things I like about this one but, there are a few things I don't like.
    I like the hardware and the overall badge.
    I don't like the non-symetry of the short wing feathers, the eyebrow and the odd angle of the headlight on the left. I also don't like the crimping for the hinge and catch.
    Wait for some other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here are some photos of my example to compare.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle   PAB Panzerkampfabziechen (AS) Triangle  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I'm not convinced by this one. Unless it's a variant I would not be inclined to buy this piece. I'm with Ralph in his thoughts about the crimping of the reverse hardware.

Also, comparing to other known genuine examples, this eagle looks surprised, the others look fierce. Look at where the eagle's right wing (as you look at it) joins the top of the wreath, there is a bit sticking out, the feather edge should be straight from top to bottom. I will also draw attention to the underside of the tank. The wheels on the far side consist of a an outer edge and inner hub. If you compare to Ralph's badge above you will see on his badge there is another detail in there on the wheels.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello
    thank you all for the help and info
    much appreciated
    Tony

if I had to I would call a variant,not so nicely detailed as RBs one

The points made by Ralph and Adrian are all correct in spotting this fake that is commonly known as the 'Fat catch fake'. The most obvious being the mental looking eagle and the ball hinge not having a flattened top as seen in Ralph's example, which is a 'must have' on this 3.3.2. type badge.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think this & the H Aurich ball hinge fake are linked in some way. Stewy

thanks for your info Ned and Stewy now I know.

the head on this one looks slightly different doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast