Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

PAB in silver!

Article about: Hello! I would like to buy a silver Panzerkampf Abzeichen from a known dealer in UK... He sells this for 75 pounds so i think it is a very nice deal! Can you help on it's originality? This o

Default PAB in silver!

Hello! I would like to buy a silver Panzerkampf Abzeichen from a known dealer in UK... He sells this for 75 pounds so i think it is a very nice deal! Can you help on it's originality? This one is the only photo he has on his site but i asked for more so i can upload them here and help you guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images PAB in silver! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PAB in silver!
    P
    Many

Default Re: PAB in silver!

You need far better pic's than this, you know the score. As for the badge, well from the extremely limited view available my first instinct is that this is a decades old fake based on the RS Panzerkampf Abzeichen. We need close up shots of the hinge and catch, and a good close up of the eagle, specifically the lower wing area.

TBH, at £75, this guy knows it's bad, that price is a joke. "Very nice deal..." No. There's no free meals in this game.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    You need far better pic's than this, you know the score. As for the badge, well from the extremely limited view available my first instinct is that this is a decades old fake based on the RS Panzerkampf Abzeichen. We need close up shots of the hinge and catch, and a good close up of the eagle, specifically the lower wing area.

TBH, at £75, this guy knows it's bad, that price is a joke. "Very nice deal..." No. There's no free meals in this game.

Regards, Ned.
    I know about the 'no free meals' rule Ned... As soon as i get the pics i will post them here! You might know the seller!

GERMAN WWII MEDALS BADGES AND INSIGNIA

I would like to hear your opinions about him as this may be the first site i found when i started searching online for WW2 items! I've only acquired a gold Mother's Cross and a Westwall medal from him so i don't know his reputation...

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    I know about the 'no free meals' rule Ned... As soon as i get the pics i will post them here! You might know the seller!

GERMAN WWII MEDALS BADGES AND INSIGNIA

I would like to hear your opinions about him as this may be the first site i found when i started searching online for WW2 items! I've only acquired a gold Mother's Cross and a Westwall medal from him so i don't know his reputation...
    The first Panzerkampf Abzeichen he shows as "Early stamped cut out base panzer £155" is the infamous 'Blob' fake based on the B.H. Mayer type 4.1.1., and I can also see another definite copy of the Aurich type 1.8.1., and that's without being able to look at the reverse side of any of them, which is always the killer.

Furthermore, check out his wound badges, I reckon that most of those are bad, many being Morigi fake 'Legion Condor' types. There's probably loads more crap on there, but I honestly can't be bothered wasting my time looking, and that's what my advice to you would be unless you want to end up getting burned.

Regards,Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

....And burned you will be!
    This establishment is run by one Paul Waterworth, purveyor of fine crap. Do a forum search.

Regards
    Brett

How's about a copy of the July '44 'bomb plot wound badge'....only £75 each!

More front than Blackpool Promenade

You've only gotta look at the ad for the badge that kicked this thread off, a steal at £75 and he has the gall to state that there is a total of 6 of them for sale!

The "Waterworth Hoard"??

I honestly wonder what Lizardking was thinking besides "I think it is a very nice deal..."

I can't tell if a badge is real or not! That's why i asked you guys... Simple as this! I don't know so i ask! What is wrong with it?