Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Pantzerkampfabzeichen EWE? or a fake again?

Article about: Hello, I don't think it's a good one, despite the front doesn't look ugly (maybe all of you would say it's an awful one). I have tried to find traces of "hand finish" as I've red t

Default Pantzerkampfabzeichen EWE? or a fake again?

Hello,
    I don't think it's a good one, despite the front doesn't look ugly (maybe all of you would say it's an awful one). I have tried to find traces of "hand finish" as I've red there should be some but I'm not even sure about "hand finish" looks like.
    Anyway, what do you think about this badge?

thank you by advance,
    Vitezef
    Pantzerkampfabzeichen EWE? or a fake again?Pantzerkampfabzeichen EWE? or a fake again?Pantzerkampfabzeichen EWE? or a fake again?Pantzerkampfabzeichen EWE? or a fake again?Pantzerkampfabzeichen EWE? or a fake again?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pantzerkampfabzeichen EWE? or a fake again?
    P
    Many

It's a very nicely done fake. Often mistaken as one of Staegmeier's 3 attempts at copying the EWE PAB, it's unknown maker also does a dangerous copy of the f.o. (Friedrich Orth) PAB as well.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

DANGEROUS! I would have given it the "thumbs up", so it's just as well our Ned knows his mustard and "spreads it around"!! A bloody good fake ,and with pieces like this about I am going to start collecting beer in my gut instead of militaria! ( I kind of already do)!!!!! Leon.

All the fakes have one thing in common, the scooped back is never deep enough and the hand finishing is more or less non existent, what can be seen is mainly cast in with sometimes just a lick of the file. This is what you should be looking at, noticeably different compared to that above.

Pantzerkampfabzeichen EWE? or a fake again?

There are other points that I will keep to myself so as not to aid the fakers more than necessary, but some can be seen in the comparison photo if you look carefully enough. In a few years naturally aged fakes such as those above in the o.p. will be catching out many, many more collectors believe me, therefore we must remain vigilant.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned,
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    regards,
    Vitezef

A very good discussion regarding this maker in this thread. You can compare to my original as well.
    Ewe made Panzerkampf Abzeichen
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)