Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

panzer assault badge

Article about: Opinions on this please before I part with my money, these are the only pictures the seller has provided. Many thanks peter

Default panzer assault badge

Opinions on this please before I part with my money, these are the only pictures the seller has provided.
    Many thanks peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture panzer assault badge   panzer assault badge  

panzer assault badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement panzer assault badge
    P
    Many

It appears to be original to me. It does appear to be suffering from zinc pest to me. I can not access my reference files at this time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It would be interesting to know the asking price. Unless this was pretty cheap I wouldn't touch it. No mention has been made of the mahoosive chip and crack at 3 o'clock, that is a bigger problem than any corrosion. The badge is the 3.3.3 type or Die 3. It's a pretty common badge and this example also appears to be a later example as the definition is poor due to the worn die. I can imagine the crack damage was done by an attempt at 'hand vaulting' the badge at sometime, as the badge does look to me as if this has occurred.

My advice would be to wait for a better one unless cost is a major factor here.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for the the info folks, ned the price is £95 came down from £120

If your happy with that fair enough. I think it may have a significant 'bend' on the barrel side of the wreath by the eagles wing that may be rather noticable in hand, you might want to bear this in mind....Or perhaps not, as the case may be!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for the advice, I will leave this one