Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampabzeichen(maker?)original?

Article about: Hi all,i have had this one "knocking" around for a while and know nothing about it as these are not my area.Any help as to originality or maker would be most appreciated.I am not e

Default Panzerkampabzeichen(maker?)original?

Hi all,i have had this one "knocking" around for a while and know nothing about it as these are not my area.Any help as to originality or maker would be most appreciated.I am not even sure what it is made from,it does not seem to be a zinc badge,more like a white metal??That seems strange to me as do the "holes" in the tanks headlamps? Thanks in advance for any help, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampabzeichen(maker?)original?   Panzerkampabzeichen(maker?)original?  

Panzerkampabzeichen(maker?)original?   Panzerkampabzeichen(maker?)original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampabzeichen(maker?)original?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Panzerkampabzeichen(maker?)original?

In my opinion its a fake, the eagle head is nothing to do with an original PAB maker.

Thanks Janos,any other thoughts out there? Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Thanks Janos,any other thoughts out there? Leon.
    Hi Leon,

I can tell you that it's a fake based on the S&L 1.4.3. design and is a reasonably new type fake as the original obverse design that it copies was only found to be produced by S&L in 2003.

This is another badge that is currently fooling a lot of good dealers but there are 'tells' if you know where to look. Besides the odd eagle's head pointed out by Janos, the softly scooped out reverse was not a type used by S&L, it's a fantasy design. Furthermore, the headlights having the appearance of 'inverted nipples' (don't laugh) is another no-no, but the most obvious mistake is that the swastika is far too high above the turret. It 'floats' rather than being joined to the tank turret and this is never seen on a genuine S&L Panzerkampf Abzeichen.

Remember this badge, it comes in many different rear set ups, and is sometimes stamped L/16 on the reverse of the swastika, but it's a bad 'un.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you chaps,in the "fake" pot it goes then,i always had my suspicions about it as I did not like the fact it did not appear to be zinc or tomback and as you point out Ned,those headlamps always stood out to me as odd! Thanks again, Leon.