Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampf Abzeichen for review

Article about: HI guys! here is one Panzerkampf Abzeichen badge for review.Can you please tell me is it ok? i think it is OK Wiedmann but i would like to hear it from you.

?

Default Panzerkampf Abzeichen for review

HI guys!
    here is one Panzerkampf Abzeichen badge for review.Can you please tell me is it ok?
    i think it is OK Wiedmann but i would like to hear it from you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampf Abzeichen for review   Panzerkampf Abzeichen for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampf Abzeichen for review
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzerkampf Abzeichen for review

They look good. I'm a little suspicious of the back of the Tank Battle Badge though. When looking for fakes, look mostly at the back of it. Attention to detail I've learned.

?

The pock marks on the surface indicate a poor casting to me so therefore not one I would be throwing money at.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The pock marks on the surface indicate a poor casting to me so therefore not one I would be throwing money at.
    I think you're right mate. But this could almost pass as a "ground dug" award. Stewy

?

I thought that at first Stewy but the makers mark looked a little soft to me?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I thought that at first Stewy but the makers mark looked a little soft to me?
    It wasn't the M/Mark that troubled me. Stewy

Hello Johnny,
    From the pictures that you posted I think you do have a good Wiedmann. The badge has the correct common butterly hinge and the round plated bar hook.

Sadly it is a badge that has suffered badly from Zinc pest so in that respect I would not want it in my collection.
    There are a lot nicer Wiedmann's out there to spend your money on and this is a really common example.

All the best
    Doug

?

Thank you all!!once again you have been a great help.
    This is opportunity to thank everyone because
    over the last few months I learned a lot thanks to you .
    You are all great!

Since there seems to be some difference of opinion here, I will post photos of my example. I see some things that make me think it is original, but I see some differences as well. The lily pad hinge plate and pin appear to be original, but I see some differences in the catch, not the plate. The grass pattern is different than the example that I have. Are there more than one known version by this maker? This is the reason I did not post my opinion earlier.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampf Abzeichen for review   Panzerkampf Abzeichen for review  

Panzerkampf Abzeichen for review   Panzerkampf Abzeichen for review  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for posting that badge Ralph, It is absolute mint. This is the type of badge that Johnny should be looking for.
    I know of at least three pin and hinge variants on Wiedmann badges.
    Looking at your hook it looks to be made from flatwire brass and has quite a wide look about it (this is a first for me)...I still do not think that the badge posted by Johnny would raise any particular concerns but looks more like a hook that I would accept as the norm. I have seen this thinner flatwire hook on one or two genuine examples.
    All the varieties of Wiedmann hardware was used on at least two of his badges as the panzer hardware corresponds directly to the same items the factory used on their General Assault Badges.
    I have just posted in the GAB gallery on WAF a nice rare example of the Wiedmann GAB with long pin, variant hinge and round wire hook.
    MY ASSUMPTION and it is only my assumption is this set up will also be found on a Panzer badge
    All the best
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast