Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichan numbered 25 jfs up for review

Article about: Guys i am offered this jfs numbered 25 assault badge. Looks like a decent zinc bsdge. Anything iam missing

Default Panzerkampfabzeichan numbered 25 jfs up for review

Guys i am offered this jfs numbered 25 assault badge. Looks like a decent zinc badge. Anything iam missing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichan numbered 25 jfs up for review   Panzerkampfabzeichan numbered 25 jfs up for review  

Panzerkampfabzeichan numbered 25 jfs up for review   Panzerkampfabzeichan numbered 25 jfs up for review  

Panzerkampfabzeichan numbered 25 jfs up for review   Panzerkampfabzeichan numbered 25 jfs up for review  

Last edited by chuck303; 10-09-2019 at 06:18 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichan numbered 25 jfs up for review
    P
    Many

More pictures added

Hello Chuck this award wouldn't be for me. Theres a visible cast line on the botom the swastika and the eagles feet/talons are very poorly detailed in addition to the shape of the head. The numbers are too bulky not crisp and not centered in the box either. These are very rare, very well done when real and very expensive. A postwar piece imo. Kindest regards.

Brian

Panzerkampfabzeichan numbered 25 jfs up for reviewPanzerkampfabzeichan numbered 25 jfs up for review

Check out maps choice example using the advanced search option (top right) the difference between original and reproduction is obvious.

MAP
    ?

I'm not liking it at all.
    As Paul notes, here are my two

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFS

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe 50 JFS
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Paul, map. Thanks for your reply, seller seemed totally legit but thats how it goes. I thought the panzerkampfabzeichan eagles feet lookd quite off, as well as a few other spots. Makers mark looked soft and off to one side too far, also there's no gap between the eagles wings and body, . I have seen badges made new that are made to look like they have zinc pest on the reverse etc. I am glad to see some examples as it really makes the sellers badge look absolutely terrible. Im sure all of his stuff is bad whether he knows it or not.

Chuck nothing like the keen eyes of this board members for a correct thumbs up or thumbs down on a badge. As I am sure you know there are many scammers out there selling scrape medal. I usually look first at a badges hardware but with this PAB the color jumped out to me as wrong. The rivets also look different from known originals. I also look at the bottom of the badge on the back for any excess medal on the bottom of the number pad. A cast badge will have a longer pad.

MAP
    ?

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    Paul, map. Thanks for your reply, seller seemed totally legit but thats how it goes. I thought the panzerkampfabzeichan eagles feet lookd quite off, as well as a few other spots. Makers mark looked soft and off to one side too far, also there's no gap between the eagles wings and body, . I have seen badges made new that are made to look like they have zinc pest on the reverse etc. I am glad to see some examples as it really makes the sellers badge look absolutely terrible. Im sure all of his stuff is bad whether he knows it or not.
    The funny thing is that the talons (feet), while too soft in detail on your example, are actually semi correct. Over time, the die wore out and the talons were poorly formed.

It's not a bad fake. It will fool 95% of collectors that don't study these. Maybe 98%. And if your dealer is honestly legit...it probably fooled him (although he should have done his homework.)

But it certainly is not a top end fake. I have seen a few that were near perfect and fooled me. All the way down to the very unique catch plate and even with the striations on the edges of the ? shaped catch. (Look at my "25" and you will see these)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The one feature that impressed me the most is the bubbled finish on the back to replicate the ones found on some originals. As time goes by these high end badges are getting harder to buy correctly as the fakes get near to perfect copies.

John

Chuck are you going to post any of the other PAB's in that grouping of 5