Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Article about: I don't hold out much hope on this badge, your thoughts please. Thanks z4.

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen.

I don't hold out much hope on this badge, your thoughts please.

Thanks z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen.   Panzerkampfabzeichen.  

Last edited by Adrian; 02-04-2014 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Your thoughts are correct. If it came from the name under the badge. It definitely is fake. That name sends shivers down collectors spines.

I can't see any problems with this one. It appears to be a Friedrich Linden type 1.5.3. solid zinc Panzerkampf Abzeichen in bronze. They were one of the best solid zinc badges ever made during the period, great quality. The badge was only produced in relatively small numbers before production switched to to the flat backed maker marked 'FLL 43' or type 1.5.4.

The badge should be HEAVILY vaulted as opposed to being flat, and the hinge and catch sitting nicely in between raised guidlines. The round wire catch should have a flattened base soldered neatly into the recess and a sheet metal wraparound hinge also fitted in a similar manner. Looks like not everything the geezer sells is crap.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I can't see any problems with this one. It appears to be a Friedrich Linden type 1.5.3. solid zinc Panzerkampf Abzeichen in bronze. They were one of the best solid zinc badges ever made during the period, great quality. The badge was only produced in relatively small numbers before production switched to to the flat backed maker marked 'FLL 43' or type 1.5.4.

The badge should be HEAVILY vaulted as opposed to being flat, and the hinge and catch sitting nicely in between raised guidlines. The round wire catch should have a flattened base soldered neatly into the recess and a sheet metal wraparound hinge also fitted in a similar manner. Looks like not everything the geezer sells is crap.
    I know you know your badges Ned, and i am not going against you BUT. If it did come from him, I would only be happy if seeing it in hand. I don't know if you are aware of the story of the said person and the Hoff brothers from Germany? It got kinda nasty. These are well known "Dealers" and they got caught out by said person, for a lot of money. I know the guy well, and although he comes across as a "good old boy" he was getting all of his badges from the Czech Republic. He no longer is on the scene

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I know you know your badges Ned, and i am not going against you BUT. If it did come from him, I would only be happy if seeing it in hand. I don't know if you are aware of the story of the said person and the Hoff brothers from Germany? It got kinda nasty. These are well known "Dealers" and they got caught out by said person, for a lot of money. I know the guy well, and although he comes across as a "good old boy" he was getting all of his badges from the Czech Republic. He no longer is on the scene
    I understand what you're saying Johnno, but i'd be quite happy to own this badge on the evidence shown here irregardless of whether it came from this dealer or not. Perhaps zephyr4 can take some better pic's of it in good light and with focussed close up's of the catch and hinge from several different angles that may aid confirmation. It would be a shame to sh!t can a good badge just because some ex dealer's got a bad rep. "Buy the item, not the story...." as they say.

Kind regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A few more picture's Ned, I only have an Ipad so I blame the picture quality on that.

z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen.   Panzerkampfabzeichen.  

Panzerkampfabzeichen.   Panzerkampfabzeichen.  

?

I agree about the dealer. he seems to have disappeared under the radar lately but he is one to be avoided. He used to set up at shows with all manner of sparkly badges and medals, he used to sell a lot of screwback clamshell war badges too, none good obviously.
    He would always come across as arrogant and didn't want you to look closely at his wares until he had blinded you with his sales patter.

As always, tread carefully with your sellers and check them out before parting with cash.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It's a good badge. Note the flaw under the turret that i've highlighted below. This is typical of these genuine FLL solid badges. Also take note of the heavy vaulting of the badge that I alluded to before, it's a lot. Finally, the rear set up is exactly as I described earlier and is 100% correct for this badge.

A nice piece to own.

Panzerkampfabzeichen.

The turret flaw.

Panzerkampfabzeichen.

The heavily vaulted badge with correct hardware.

?

Good points, well made as always Ned!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I agree about the dealer. he seems to have disappeared under the radar lately but he is one to be avoided. He used to set up at shows with all manner of sparkly badges and medals, he used to sell a lot of screwback clamshell war badges too, none good obviously.
    He would always come across as arrogant and didn't want you to look closely at his wares until he had blinded you with his sales patter.

As always, tread carefully with your sellers and check them out before parting with cash.
    Hi Adrian,

Disregarding your views on the dealer, what is your opinion on the validity of the badge this thread was originally started about?

*EDIT* Sorry dude, you've answered whilst I was typing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast