Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen "50"

Article about: by Pryo So because the enamel? I don´t like the style of the number 5,but i am not a collector of the numbered Panzerkampfabzeichen and i think it is better to say nothing more if it is good

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen "50"

I found this badge online and I have tried estimating its authenticity from looking at threads on here. I tried looking for some of the flaws that are supposed to be in the badge, but the quality is not the best. I don't like the lack of quality, or the back that much for that matter. I would like your personal opinions please as I am not able to make a concrete decision!
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzerkampfabzeichen "50"  Panzerkampfabzeichen "50" 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen "50"
    P
    Many

Hi , I am no expert on these , but should there be some black enamel around the "50"? Is it a JFS type or is that my bad memory again? The Adler seems to be looking up to the heavens? As I say I'm no expert but it seems a bit odd to me, Leon.

?

I looked up other 50 examples and I saw enamel, but not on all of them.

I do not study these but I would suggest you pay close attention to the shape of the eagle's head and the barrel.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , I am no expert on these , but should there be some black enamel around the "50"? Is it a JFS type or is that my bad memory again? The Adler seems to be looking up to the heavens? As I say I'm no expert but it seems a bit odd to me, Leon.
    This "is" a Gustav Brehmer badge Leon.

It would be nothing for me.

?

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    This "is" a Gustav Brehmer badge Leon.

It would be nothing for me.
    So because the enamel?

These pics are not good enough to make a positive decision one way or the other in my opinion. The Brehmer numbered Panzerkampf Abzeichen's are the hardest of all high end panzer badges to distinguish good from bad, the fakes are almost indistinguishable, indeed, many collectors will not touch them, which is a shame as there are things that you can check. This one appears to be a bronze example, which if genuine is extremely rare, so one needs to pay due care and attention.

Before even considering purchasing this one i'd want to see close, focussed photo's of the acorn cups, the catch from several angles ( there are some tool markings there that are unfakeable), the hinge and top of the pin open and closed, again from a few different angles to see tool marks etc., the eagles claws, the track links, the number shield and finally a couple more the same as above only clearer and having the ability to zoom in on them, which the above ones don't.

It's a lot to ask, but really you'd need an in hand inspection by someone in the know to be 100% sure, so this is your next best bet. As an example of one of the many fakes of this badge, take a close look at the one below. Good isn't it? And there's plenty of others with the same sort of detail in varying degrees.

Having said all that, I personally think the badge in question stands a chance of being a good one, there are things I think I can see that are positive, but on the strength of the images so far, I wouldn't like to say yay or nay.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen "50"   Panzerkampfabzeichen "50"  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Pryo View Post
    So because the enamel?
    The number shield on the early G.B. badges is always tombak, this can be seen in your example and is a positive but not certain sign the badge may have "potensai"....The fact that there is or is not, any enamel remaining is, as Joe says, not a big deal.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thank you all and especially you big Ned, I shall try and ask for more pictures from the seller. That or I will go and take some myself! I will post them here if I can get them!

Quote by Pryo View Post
    Thank you all and especially you big Ned, I shall try and ask for more pictures from the seller. That or I will go and take some myself! I will post them here if I can get them!
    If you have the opportunity to give it an in hand inspection all the better! If you want to get serious, it needs weighing and measuring very accurately!! Don't mess around with a tape measure, get your hands on a Vernier caliper ( small digital ones are best, and dirt cheap, they are an essential bit of kit for the badge collector) and a small set of digital jewellers scales if you can. The sizes and weights below are what the badge should fall into, +/- a fraction at most, and critical to helping confirm authenticity.

HEIGHT:- 61.7mm to 61.90mm

WIDTH:- 47.60mm to 47.70mm

WEIGHT:- 21gr. to 24gr.

MATERIAL:- Zinc.

Outside of these parameters, you're looking at a pup. Don't forget the quality close up pic's in natural daylight of the points listed above either, no cellphone-under-fluorescent strip lights, that's no good.

Good Luck, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast