Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

PanzerKampfabzeichen 50

Article about: I came across this PAB for sale on line and saw something that looked off. I can not match this pin to know originals. Wondering if it possibly is a replacement pin or if something else is w

This one is being sold by Wittman............... The guy that believes the Olympic HJ daggers are real............make your own mind up......................

An extremely choice example of a very scarce badge here. This is easily one of the nicest badges of this type I've ever offered.

Excellent Plus. $3,495.00

Fake fake fake!!!!......
    Wittmann Antique Militaria #42998C 1936 Berlin Olympic Souvenir Knife w/ Original Issue Sack, Emil Voos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PanzerKampfabzeichen 50
    P
    Many

Where to start? This badge is not even close to being original. Eagle design, especially the head, wrong. Tank: Tracks, track pins, return rollers all weak and not the same as any original. Number box; wrong number font, not even close.

Reverse: Wrong pin shape, weird pin bend tool mark that’s not found on originals, bad rivets, wrong catch and recessed base, it’s all a total mess.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The final nail in the coffin on this PAB 50.
    Thank you" big ned" for your much valued opinion.
    Appears there are many faults with this badge as commented on by you. Turns out not be a really good fake. I see that the vendor has since pulled it form his web site. Hopefully he is doing the right thing with it.

John

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Where to start? This badge is not even close to being original. Eagle design, especially the head, wrong. Tank: Tracks, track pins, return rollers all weak and not the same as any original. Number box; wrong number font, not even close.

Reverse: Wrong pin shape, weird pin bend tool mark that’s not found on originals, bad rivets, wrong catch and recessed base, it’s all a total mess.

Regards, Ned.
    Well this separates the Men (our friend BigNed) from the boys (me). LoL

I say...not a "half bad" fake...but sounds like it is a terrible fake.

Thanks Friend and nice to see you around!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map I agree with you. I have been collecting in this area for only a short period of time. The knowledge from members like (Big Ned) help to level the playing field when purchasing badges and medals from the TR.

"half bad fake" or "terrible fake" you still got it right though Map, Badge is a Fake!

John

MAP
    ?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Map I agree with you. I have been collecting in this area for only a short period of time. The knowledge from members like (Big Ned) help to level the playing field when purchasing badges and medals from the TR.

"half bad fake" or "terrible fake" you still got it right though Map, Badge is a Fake!

John
    Much of what little I know is from or because of BigNed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

John There now are numbered PAB's that have the bubbled finish. The fakers have figured it out thus making these badges ever harder to buy correctly.

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2