Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

PanzerKampfabzeichen 50

Article about: Hi all, Would love to get your thoughts on this GB PAB 50. Some of the details look okay. However the maker's mark appears to be missing the dots and I can't quite tell if there's a pressure

Default PanzerKampfabzeichen 50

Hi all,

Would love to get your thoughts on this GB PAB 50. Some of the details look okay. However the maker's mark appears to be missing the dots and I can't quite tell if there's a pressure mark on the pin. Currently thinking this is a decent repro. Thanks in advance.
    PanzerKampfabzeichen 50PanzerKampfabzeichen 50PanzerKampfabzeichen 50PanzerKampfabzeichen 50PanzerKampfabzeichen 50

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PanzerKampfabzeichen 50
    P
    Many

Please post them as photos, not screen shots.
    I would not be willing to give an assessment based on these photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Ralph is correct. We need much better photos than what is provided by the seller. Close up photo including catch, maker mark, hinge, rivets, number plate (it looks zinc in these photos is which I think is a no no) as well as the obverse.

The asking price is scarily low.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Ralph is correct. We need much better photos than what is provided by the seller. Close up photo including catch, maker mark, hinge, rivets, number plate (it looks zinc in these photos is which I think is a no no) as well as the obverse.

The asking price is scarily low.......

Thanks to the both of you, will ask the seller for better pics. The fact that the pics are a bit iffy doesn't inspire confidence either nor does the extremely low asking price. But since it wasn't obviously a fake I figured it couldn't hurt to ask the experts.

will update later with photos

MAP
    ?

You never know. It might be good and get lucky.

I'm by no means an expert . I know the JFS/RK versions but not so much the GB/ Junckers.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi all,

Just to close out the thread, seller sold it before I could get clearer pics so look like we'll never know! Thanks again

No question here, it’s fake. On the limited photos that appear to have been cunningly taken using a potato to hide the many faults, one can still see on the reverse alone that the incorrect hinge, lack of distinctive tool mark on the pin bend and the wrong style rivets along with the odd verdigris aging all over and around these and in the recesses of the badge (a typical fakers trick to add age to a piece) condemn it as a nasty shock for the unwary collector.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.