Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 for review - only the tank in gold

Article about: Hello together, this one i found. The surrounding looks just like metal (or old darkened silver). But the tank itself looks really like one piece of gold. Through and through it really glitt

Hallo Dan, Steve and Jody,

thank you or your clear and understandable answers. I got it. It´s a replica.

Before i asked i viewed a lot pictures of the Panzerkampfabzeichen in this forum and on other places in the www.
    But the quality of the photos i viewed was "not so well"...
    So i could not compare my photos to that photos.

Jody openend my eyes for the problem of different makers. I thought, they all must have been from one maker...
    Please feel free to use the photos for the "worst replica-contest" ;-) If we win, let me know ;-)))

Steve helped me most with his links to the very good photos of the original Panzerkampfabzeichen 50.
    Now i understand, what is wrong ;-)

Again - thank you a lot for your quick responses.
    I learned a lot in a very short time ;-)))

Regards,
    newhere

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 for review - only the tank in gold
    P
    Many

I was encouraged to buy some cheap awards ( black wound badge / war merit cross / west wall medal etc ) & study the quality. If the quality is that good on these lowest awards, consider what it should be on the higher ones.
    There are exceptions later in the war but generally the rule works. High end fakes can be very convincing so ALWAYS show here before you buy.

Good hunting!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi newhere, welcome to the forum. As the guys have said this is a truly terrible cast fake that bears very little resemblance to an original. I will add that your photo's are fantastic so when you get your next original piece I know we will be able to see every "crisp" detail! Leon.

?

Smile Panzer Badge

Quote by newhere View Post
    Hallo Dan, Steve and Jody,

thank you or your clear and understandable answers. I got it. It´s a replica.

Before i asked i viewed a lot pictures of the Panzerkampfabzeichen in this forum and on other places in the www.
    But the quality of the photos i viewed was "not so well"...
    So i could not compare my photos to that photos.

Jody openend my eyes for the problem of different makers. I thought, they all must have been from one maker...
    Please feel free to use the photos for the "worst replica-contest" ;-) If we win, let me know ;-)))

Steve helped me most with his links to the very good photos of the original Panzerkampfabzeichen 50.
    Now i understand, what is wrong ;-)

Again - thank you a lot for your quick responses.
    I learned a lot in a very short time ;-)))

Regards,
    newhere
    Hello Newhere,
    I am glad I could be of some help. Remember that for the most part German decorations are standardized from maker to maker and there is very little grey zone. To know if something is good you have to compare one maker to the same identical maker for a comparison. For example, it would be of little help to compare an Assmann Pilots badge to a Juncker Pilots badge in order to decide originality.

I have collected decorations since 1972, so if you have a question please ask. Below is a good example of what I am talking about. All three destroyer badges (from my collection) are 100% good war-time produced awards but by different makers. It would be fruitless to weigh one against the other, compare reverse hardware, or even individual details, or badge finishes. Makers will vary. You have to compare the same apple to the same apple.

Regards,
    Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 for review - only the tank in gold   Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 for review - only the tank in gold  

Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 for review - only the tank in gold  

welcome you gave me a good laugh.

Hello again,

i would like to thank you all for your interest, your replies and your helpings.

I got the replica together with some old stuff, so i didn´t pay for.
    That was luck ;-)

And i understood these three things:
    1. My photos are good enough, to get helpful answers ;-)
    2. If i´m sometimes going to buy one, i will ask you in this forum BEFORE buying ;-))
    3. Some members had a good day - because laughing is very important ;-)))

Very much thanks again and best wishes to you all.

newhere

Yes Always post a pic here before purchase

And also take pics with natural daylight and a straight on angle .

And most importantly , enjoy .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2