Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen AD

Article about: Original or not. Thanks

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen AD

Original or not. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen AD   Panzerkampfabzeichen AD  

Panzerkampfabzeichen AD   Panzerkampfabzeichen AD  

Panzerkampfabzeichen AD  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen AD
    P
    Many

Although the pic's are awful on this one, I still think it's an original and only recently discovered new AS in Triangle pattern PAB. For years they were known in collecting circles to have produced at least 3 different dies (3.3.1, 3.3.2 & 3.3.3) that each had a different grass foreground pattern.

Then a couple of years ago another new pattern cropped up that got collectors (including me!) in a quandry as it had not been seen before. But positive evidence soon started cropping up when some collectors looked closer at their AS in Triangle PAB's and a few were found to be different.

The evidence that proved the new pattern was genuine was when a small number of unfinished badges (including a prototype mine sweeper badge that never reached production) were ground dug near where the Scholze factory had been in Gablonz. This was then given the new prefix type 3.3.4. Here's an example of one of the unfinished planchets that were found. Note the same "new" grass pattern.

Panzerkampfabzeichen ADPanzerkampfabzeichen AD

And here's another example of the same 3.3.4 pattern that seems to indicate that the badge got past the prototype stage and went into production (it's thought to have been in 1944). Note the identical markings on the reverse caused by the manufacturing process and the die trimming, especially around the gun barrel and turret that match the OP's example

Panzerkampfabzeichen ADPanzerkampfabzeichen ADPanzerkampfabzeichen AD

So, a pretty rare badge as things stand, but not worth anymore than the others in the series, although in the case of the OP's badge this is compromised by the missing pin. I personally would pass on this unless it was fairly cheap, as it would be a decent gap filler for PAB's produced by this maker.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks for the great help. Can I buy for 80-100 USD. I think it's worth the risk ...

That's near enough, I wouldn't go much more.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

amazing knowledge Ned.

?

Quote by praxus View Post
    These photos don't help anybody.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

So I bought that badge for 80 USD, here are more photos ... I think it is original or not?

Panzerkampfabzeichen AD
    Panzerkampfabzeichen AD
    Panzerkampfabzeichen AD
    Panzerkampfabzeichen AD
    Panzerkampfabzeichen AD
    Panzerkampfabzeichen AD
    Panzerkampfabzeichen AD
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-12-2016 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Edited to orient photos correctly.

You know what I think, let's wait and see what the other PAB guys have to say as positive/negative reactions are somewhat lacking either way.....

MAP
    ?

I have a question....is there any wear on the underside of the catch where a pin would rub against it?

Is it possible this was never completed? Doesn't look like there was ever a pin. And the obverse also seems to have no wear as well.

If a pin was broken, I would expect some wear.....somewhere.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast