Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen authentic or not?

Article about: Thanks a for sharing, it has some similarities indeed! I have requested better pictures.

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen authentic or not?

Dear All,

Would be great if you can help me to verify the authenticity of this one (claimed to be found in Russia).

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

E.

Panzerkampfabzeichen authentic or not?Panzerkampfabzeichen authentic or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen authentic or not?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen authentic or not?

Could be an S&L "zinker" but then again it could be anything.

The pictures are appalling if you don't mind me saying,
    If you want a proper opinion on this badge, then you will need to supply some better photographs I'm afraid.

It's like standing on a motorway sticking a blindfold on, and then guessing the colours of the cars that pass you by

About all that I can make out from the photos is that it is likely made of zinc. The makers mark(if there is any), the reverse hardware, the design details, etc -all which are critical to authenticating are impossible to make out.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I agree the pics are quite bad but the reverse set up, especially the elongated catch plate is reminding me of a Juncker.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It also appears looking at the reverse to have been welded.......Whatever it is, it's never going to be worth anything. Sorry.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for the replies! I will try to get some better pictures. My guess is that what appears to be welding is just zinc corrosion.

If we're gonna all have a guess i'll follow JB with a S&L type 1.4.3. solid zinc 'Classic Set Up'. If you do decide to purchase it Evgeni, don't pay a lot as i'm pretty sure this will turn out to have little or no collector value when the better pic's come through.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    If we're gonna all have a guess i'll follow JB with a S&L type 1.4.3. solid zinc 'Classic Set Up'. If you do decide to purchase it Evgeni, don't pay a lot as i'm pretty sure this will turn out to have little or no collector value when the better pic's come through.

Regards, Ned.
    I pretty much agree with Ned.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Can anyone post images of the above mentioned S&L variation?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I don't have the Panzerkampf Abzeichen book and I am not sure of the numbers but, this photo from GCA courtesy of Phillipe DB.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen authentic or not?  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast