Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze

Article about: Hi friends, I bought some new pieces in the last months but how I've been working a lot and it always takes a long time to arrive I did not posted it yet. So I have some new additions to my

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze

Hi friends,
    I bought some new pieces in the last months but how I've been working a lot and it always takes a long time to arrive I did not posted it yet. So I have some new additions to my new collection to show and hope I did it right ( I've been reading a lot too...). This is my new Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze marked FLL 43 ( Friedrich Linden from Lüdenscheid if I'm right). Hope you enjoy it as I and any comments will be appreciate. Ah, I could not resist and the last photo is from the apartment window where I am for few days of vacation ( running from a 43 celsius degree heat in Rio de Janeiro) in a beach named Guarapari. Hope you enjoy too.. as I

Panzerkampfabzeichen in BronzePanzerkampfabzeichen in BronzePanzerkampfabzeichen in BronzePanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze

Looks ok for me but i'm no expert in these this one has changed to be repaired.

Looks o.k. to me, but as Kev says repaired, the catch is a definite replacement, also I think the pin. The hinge has been refitted as well, but could possibly be the original one and been re-used as it is the correct type, although it's not an uncommon one to find either, so it's debatable(but doesn't really matter).

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Lovely crisp detail to that badge!Nice original with what has already been stated,a repaired catch.

Just been looking around and I have to reconsider my opinion on this badge. Apparently late on in the war FLL started to use various different rear set ups on their badges. Instead of the rectangular catch that was recessed they also used the type above with the footplate. The fitting of these (and in some cases the hinge) was notoriously sloppy! Also, the pin type as seen above WAS used.

Therefore, I think the badge is as it left the factory, and totally original. Take a look at the examples below for an idea of what I mean, and apologies for the initial wrong assesment!

Rearwards, Ned.Panzerkampfabzeichen in BronzePanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks a lot for your comments. Ned, you went miles away from where my knowledge could reach. Thanks for the new and good information.

Thats very interesting Ned,i'm glad i've learnt something new on this one,great work! I'm glad also for cart that his badge is as intended and not repaired.

Quote by cart View Post
    Thanks a lot for your comments. Ned, you went miles away from where my knowledge could reach. Thanks for the new and good information.
    We all get it wrong sometimes!

But the Nedster abides......

?

Only as a complement I read that this maker had 5 variations of this badge and this one would be the 1.5.4 (Solid Zinc FLL 43 Marked).

Quote by cart View Post
    Only as a complement I read that this maker had 5 variations of this badge and this one would be the 1.5.4 (Solid Zinc FLL 43 Marked).
    Yeah. It's the commonest type they made. The solid buntmetal 'Massif' in silver is the rarest one by Friedrich Linden.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast