MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!

Article about: " Good looking zinc-based Army/Waffen-SS Panzer Assault Badge, Bronze Grade, having a slightly concave reverse." This is what the seller gives as information about the badge! Looks

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!

" Good looking zinc-based Army/Waffen-SS Panzer Assault Badge, Bronze Grade, having a slightly concave reverse."

This is what the seller gives as information about the badge! Looks ok but as i've learned, ask first-pay later!
    So, what do you guys think of it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!  Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!  Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!  Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze! 
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-21-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!
    P
    Many

Default Re: PAB in bronze!

IMO this is a good unknown maker(s) badge known as the 'Seven Wheeler'. This example is called the 3rd pattern semi hollow zinc "Late" Seven Wheeler Panzerkampf Abzeichen. The design type is 4.3.5. and this badge is the "Late" type as it has a variant reverse set up of a small barrel hinge with a flat wire 'C' shaped catch on a large circular base. The grass design is very complex compared to other Panzerkampf Abzeichen's, but overall, the design of the tank appears heavily influenced by the late version B.H.Mayer design, although there are certain differences.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!

Ned, can you elaborate on the 'Seven Wheeler' bit please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

that a nice one.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Ned, can you elaborate on the 'Seven Wheeler' bit please?
    Sure. The design is known as the '7 Wheeler' because it's the only Panzerkampf Abzeichen where 7 roadwheels are visible on the left inner track of the panzer. Below i've used an 'Early' hollow tombak type rather than the 'Late' version above to demonstrate this because the wheels are more easily defined, but that's all. Below it is a Wurster Panzerkampf Abzeichen that shows the normal 6 wheels that all other Panzerkampf Abzeichen designs have, as an example of the norm.

BTW, I should have mentioned previously that the '7 Wheeler' design is now considered to have been produced by Meybauer after examination of the hardware used on their other types of badges, mainly the KM ones.

Hope this helps.

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thank you muchly Ned!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A nice example of this Panzerkampf Abzeichen!
    My example of this badge has been posted here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/panze...bronze-160908/
    Ralph
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

So it seems the guy engraving the casting die just loved his wheels so much he didn't know when to stop? "ya, I can squeeze another wheel in there"

the quantity and quality of knowledge and information provided by the forum's members never stops to surprise me!!! Thanks everybody... I think this one will be part of my collection soon enough!!!