Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze

Article about: hi eberyone I just picked this up today from the vets son who brought it back, opinions welcome sorry about the rotation but they were the right way up when uploaded. regards allan Annoyed f

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze

hi eberyone I just picked this up today from the vets son who brought it back, opinions welcomePanzerkampfabzeichen in bronzePanzerkampfabzeichen in bronze sorry about the rotation but they were the right way up when uploaded. regards allan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze
    P
    Many

Hi Allan,

It looks like it's a small 'w' solid zinc Wurster badge with repaired/replaced catch, the hinge looks a somewhat sloppy original fixing but I can't see the the makers mark, it should be in this area. The sheet metal hinge is a very hard variant to find.

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze

Is it there but just a light strike? Perhaps it's just hiding. Here's a genuine one to compare yours with, note the Makers Mark is very hard to see unless examined closely.

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronzePanzerkampfabzeichen in bronzePanzerkampfabzeichen in bronze

BTW, try looking at this thread to fix your photo posting problems. I had the same thing happen to me when I upgraded my PC and using this method it fixed it.

The Forum's Original and EASY TO USE Image Hosting Feature

Afterall, I'm sure the mod's are getting a bit browned off rotating photo's all the time!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

its good.

hi Ned, I have looked very hard and closely at this area but the solder has run over it, the story I got from the vets son told me he's father went into France on D day + 5 and then on to Belgium by day 35 he was wounded and sent home it was during this few weeks he liberated it from a dead German. of course you can not trust these stories but who knows. regards allan

Quote by ireichit View Post
    hi Ned, I have looked very hard and closely at this area but the solder has run over it, the story I got from the vets son told me he's father went into France on D day + 5 and then on to Belgium by day 35 he was wounded and sent home it was during this few weeks he liberated it from a dead German. of course you can not trust these stories but who knows. regards allan
    Don't worry Al, it's a genuine piece looking at it from my chair.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

that's all counts in the end. thanks for the info I really appreciate it. regards allan

I agree with Ned, a solid Wurster.
    @ Ned, good spot on the M/Mark. As you state it is quite soft/hidden. Stewy