Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen bronze - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you for help with this bronze badge. Is this one original? And is it possible to determine what maker is it? For sure only in case it is good one. Thank you, Mik

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen bronze - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you for help with this bronze badge. Is this one original? And is it possible to determine what maker is it? For sure only in case it is good one.
    Thank you, Mike

Panzerkampfabzeichen bronze  - ask for helpPanzerkampfabzeichen bronze  - ask for helpPanzerkampfabzeichen bronze  - ask for helpPanzerkampfabzeichen bronze  - ask for helpPanzerkampfabzeichen bronze  - ask for helpPanzerkampfabzeichen bronze  - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen bronze  - ask for help
    P
    Many

Hi mike,

The badge is indeed original, and an interesting one too. For many years it was an unknowm maker referred to as "The Oval Crimp" PAB, but careful research lead by Tom Durante has found a positive link to the maker Deumer of Ludenscheid. Note that the catch has been repaired, this was factory done due to the failure of the crimp device for the catch. Therefore this was factory soldered instead, and then coated in the bronze/silver finish that proves this was not a later repair.

It's considered to be a late war badge by Deumer who switched to a solid zinc design, and the breakthrough in recognising the maker was to do with the commonality of the catch plate(s) used (there were more than one or two) compared to other badges produced by Deumer including the "Deformed Leaf - Oval Crimp" IAB and their Luftwaffe Flak Badge.

This is a really nice badge you have and not many have been seen here before so thanks for showing it!

For comparison, this is what it looked like before the catch crimp device failure.

Panzerkampfabzeichen bronze  - ask for help

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Superb expert advice from Ned as usual.

You can compare with my silver example here.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Wilhelm Deumer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ned called it.

?

Hi Ned and others,
    thank you for help, but this badge is still not mine. But I hope it will be.
    Mike

Quote by mike1 View Post
    Hi Ned and others,
    thank you for help, but this badge is still not mine. But I hope it will be.
    Mike
    Hurry up, it won't stick around long I'm betting......
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hurry up, it won't stick around long I'm betting......
    Hi Ned,
    thank you for help. Finally I bought it for 150,-eur (not cheap) but I missed this one in my small collection and I am satisfied with the condition too.
    Mike

Quote by mike1 View Post
    Hi Ned,
    thank you for help. Finally I bought it for 150,-eur (not cheap) but I missed this one in my small collection and I am satisfied with the condition too.
    Mike
    You did all right Mike the price was fair for a badge that's considered rather uncommon, it's far more interesting than many other run-of-the-mill late war Panzerkampfabzeichen's that go for the same money. The mean looking eagle knocks spots of any design type 5 badge!