Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE

Article about: Scored the following badge -please see the images down below- Hoping to receive feedback about a few points / observations (but I'm not an experienced collector): * Is this badge an original

MAP
    ?

The photos are much better than the few that were on the website, but still they are not crisp enough in some cases to look at some of the details (Grass, tank tracks, rear hand finishing, etc. etc.)

Can you give us the measurements and weight in grams.

I think this is a good heavily worn award with the beginning of zinc pest. (I would be happy to list the positives I see for others if they feel it is necessary. )

But there are some ? marks I can not answer based on these photos (example the detail between the legs and wings) .

Other issue hindering a clearer answer for my modest ability is what appears to be a mis-strike as evidenced by the wonky head, neck and upper chest/wings.

As you are really just looking for one example...I would return it and wait for a more representative example instead of one with this mis-strike...Sorry bud!

Would love to hear opinions from others as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE
    P
    Many

Hi Michael,

Will return the item for sure (not what I expected and still possible).
    In regarding to your questions:

Weight = between 29 and 30 grams

Measurements:
    hight = circa 6 centimeters
    widht -horizontal in the middle = 4,2 centimeters

Additional some extra photos because of your request and for other to study and learn too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE  

MAP
    ?

I still don't see anything standing out highlighting this as a fake. But would love to hear other views if I am missing something (or if there is a fake out there that matches this).

That said...these should weigh 35 to 36 grams. I know there can be variances in weight but this is a difference that raises questions.

I think you made a wise move to return it.

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This one has me torn a little. I believe this one is a copy.
    There are some things I like, the hinge, the eagle's chest and claws, the bending tool mark on the pin, the hand finishing and beveling to the reverse.
    The things that I don't like are, the hinge guide consistency, the eagle's head, the catch is too low, and the blades of grass at the bottom are too low and too close to the wreath.
    I suggest you wait for one with less questions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    This one has me torn a little. I believe this one is a copy.
    There are some things I like, the hinge, the eagle's chest and claws, the bending tool mark on the pin, the hand finishing and beveling to the reverse.
    The things that I don't like are, the hinge guide consistency, the eagle's head, the catch is too low, and the blades of grass at the bottom are too low and too close to the wreath.
    I suggest you wait for one with less questions.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph.

The eagles head I chalked up to being a very very poor strike. The hinge guide is hard to see. I thought it was just excess solder obscuring the detail and a continuation of the poor strike.

But I think you are on to something with the grass. I was looking at the actual grass and not the positioning.

My most worrying concern was the new info on the weight...

Good news is that our new members spider senses were tingling and he has already returned it.

Hey guys good to learn I'm not the only one torn on this. Either way as michael.stated the mis stamp to the head area is enough reason alone to seek a refund. Not to muddy the water and I apologize if I do, amazingly William Kramer all1knew just posted an identical badge in the classifieds for sale. It had me going back to this thread rethinking my points. I'm glad Ralph chimed in having owning one of these and being familiar with their finer points, thanks Ralph. Best regards to all. A good thread I think.

Brian

Edit: EWE PAB in classifieds already sold!

MAP
    ?

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Hey guys good to learn I'm not the only one torn on this. Either way as michael.stated the mis stamp to the head area is enough reason alone to seek a refund. Not to muddy the water and I apologize if I do, amazingly William Kramer all1knew just posted an identical badge in the classifieds for sale. It had me going back to this thread rethinking my points. I'm glad Ralph chimed in having owning one of these and being familiar with their finer points, thanks Ralph. Best regards to all. A good thread I think.

Brian
    I don't see the one by William in the classifieds...

Michael he posted it at 2:40 this afternoon it sold already I think it was $350? Maybe he has the pictures saved? Best regards.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-09-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2