Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze a fake or original?

Article about: You did not read this thread, did you? http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...nology-137343/ Ralph.

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze a fake or original?

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze a fake or original?Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze a fake or original?
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-31-2017 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze a fake or original?
    P
    Many

You did not read this thread, did you?
    The Use of German Terminology.

Also, what is with the ???????????????????????????????
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello. I cannot pinpoint another PAB with this rear hardware setup. However looking at the details and finish, I would give it a guarded thumbs up. Unfortunately the member here who could give you the fastest and most accurate response is Ralph the moderator, whom you seem to currently be irritating by not adhering to the simple guidelines (sorry Ralph not trying to speak for you). My advice is take your time post items as they should be and be courteous, the answers will surely be forthcoming. I can understand your excitement as most pieces you have shown show promise, but they are varied and require thorough study, you want an accurate response and we want a thread people in the future seeking answers can learn from. Kindest regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

This might be a Friedrich Linden zinc'er. But to be honest, based on these poor photos it is just a best guess. I would like to see clear photos of the hinge, catch, grass as well as a straight on shot of the eagles head.

It appears to be heavily worn, and if I am correct as it being a 1.5.3 Linden, then almost all of the beautiful bronze finish is gone..

Again, this is just a guess until better photos are forthcoming....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    This might be a Friedrich Linden zinc'er. But to be honest, based on these poor photos it is just a best guess. I would like to see clear photos of the hinge, catch, grass as well as a straight on shot of the eagles head.

It appears to be heavily worn, and if I am correct as it being a 1.5.3 Linden, then almost all of the beautiful bronze finish is gone..
    Actually, the photos are pretty good, they just have to be saved and viewed differently.
    I believe you are correct Michael, I do not know which variant it is but I am pretty sure it is a Linden.
    The grass, the eagle's claws, the shape of the hinge mounting guide, the hinge, all point to this maker.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Actually, the photos are pretty good, they just have to be saved and viewed differently.
    I believe you are correct Michael, I do not know which variant it is but I am pretty sure it is a Linden.
    The grass, the eagle's claws, the shape of the hinge mounting guide, the hinge, all point to this maker.
    Ralph.
    Your knowledge is stronger than mine. So until I get better...I need closer photos of the details to get comfortable and make a call. The catch is unique on the 1.5.3 being a round wire but flat on the bottom and sunken in. Can't see that from these.

That said, using De Bocks book as a guide, it can only be a 1.5.3. Interesting in that he said that these are one of the best solid zinc awards made and have a nice vault to them. You can see it slightly in the photos above.

Edit: I will say that I'm happy I'm getting it right. Studying pays off........

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Original Linden PAB.

?

Default more photos

Last edited by rbminis; 08-01-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Hello Panos. Please read previous posts... Additional pictures are nice. But badge has been deemed good by 3 more than capable (extremely knowledgeable) collectors. Not myself. Best regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

Quote by Panos View Post

catch is correct IMHO. Thanks
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-01-2017 at 05:15 PM.