Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze (Karl Wurster, Markneukirchen - KWM) in Buntmetall

Article about: Hi, adding this one to my collection, hope you like it! Best regards, Paul

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze (Karl Wurster, Markneukirchen - KWM) in Buntmetall

Hi, adding this one to my collection, hope you like it!

Best regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze (Karl Wurster, Markneukirchen - KWM) in Buntmetall   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze (Karl Wurster, Markneukirchen - KWM) in Buntmetall  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze (Karl Wurster, Markneukirchen - KWM) in Buntmetall
    P
    Many

I took a quick look in my data base of real and fake PABs. I could not find and exact match in either. I give it a 50 % change of being real. 1st, many hollow PAB pins are square at the pin end not sharpened as is yours. I like how the badge looks from the front, the color though looks a little to dark in the crevices, trying to make badge look older than it really is. The back has not a lot of detail in the stamping, could be a red flag. I am by far no expert on these but would be a little cautious. The price on these PAB is high so you can't really take a chance.

John

A good original Wurster PAB.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    I took a quick look in my data base of real and fake PABs. I could not find and exact match in either. I give it a 50 % change of being real. 1st, many hollow PAB pins are square at the pin end not sharpened as is yours. I like how the badge looks from the front, the color though looks a little to dark in the crevices, trying to make badge look older than it really is. The back has not a lot of detail in the stamping, could be a red flag. I am by far no expert on these but would be a little cautious. The price on these PAB is high so you can't really take a chance.

John

Thanks John, totally get the caution aspect, I try to be!

I checked the PAB database on War Relics and the Wurster shown as an example has the sharpened end like the one above:-

If any member wishes to contribute to the PAB data base.

Karl Wurster, Hollow Buntmetal, with Wrap Around Sheet Metal Hinge and Flat plate Catch.

Plus there is a thread on a certain 'other Forum' dedicated to Wurster PAB's and every example shown has a pointed pin. Also checked Giel's website (has a good reputation for German awards I think?), again all Wursters shown have pointed pins. However the "O. Schickle" tombak PAB's that look similar all have non-pointed pins, is it possible that it is "O. Schickle" badges you have looked at?

Also, as I understand it, there are Die related differences between Wurster PAB's with differences in the grass design denoting earlier and later badges (i.e I suppose, worn out Dies being replaced with new ones?).

I'm happy with the badge but do appreciate you taking a look, and rightly urging caution.

Best regards, Paul

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    A good original Wurster PAB.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.

Thank-you Ralph, glad you like it and appreciate you taking a look.

(FYI - In case anyone did not spot the watermark in the pictures, this is from the German dealer "Militaria Berlin".)

Glad to hear that your badge is a good one. Ralph is the expert on these PAB's.
    I still have not come across one in my area. The hunt goes on.

John

MAP
    ?

A great looking example. Very nice pick up.

I've stop adding to my PAB collection. But looking at this gets me thinking it might be time to start again.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Beautiful original warhorse. Can’t go wrong with a Wurster! Congrats!