Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze . Original ?

Article about: Good evening Gentlemen, Here is another badge from my recent collection acquisition which is a Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, it is hollow backed and is made from either Tombak or brass. ju

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze . Original ?

Good evening Gentlemen, Here is another badge from my recent collection acquisition which is a Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, it is hollow backed and is made from either Tombak or brass.
    judging from the detail it is trying to be from Karl Wurster but i have my suspicions about the rear catch assembly. what do you fine gentlemen think ? Regards, Paul

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze . Original ?Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze . Original ?Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze . Original ?Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze . Original ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze . Original ?
    P
    Many

Any opinions folks ? good or bad, Regards ,Paul

Hi Paul,

I saw it yesterday and decided to wait, but it's not really happening is it? The badge is a genuine Wurster "Chaos Grass" pattern or type 1.2.1 (Die 1) hollow tombak example.These are very light, only 12-13g as a rule. However, the rear hardware has been repaired to some degree. The block hinge is original, but the small securing pin through it, the main pin itself, and the catch have all been replaced, likely in period by appearances, but it's difficult to be sure. Still, it's a nice piece that looks like it might actually have seen some action, as many of these Wurster PAB's appear to have been un-issued a lot of the time.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts Ned , Your a star, Regards, Paul

If I'm honest I was the same Ned. Everything looked ok. But for the eagles head, I should've asked Paul for a better pic really. IMO it's not the crispest die stamp. Could that be due to a worn die? That's something else we don't see with Wursters. As Ned says they're nearly all mint. Stewy

Here's a pic of the eagles head , Wurster all the way IMO regards. Paul

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze . Original ?

Smashing! Kind regards, Stewy