Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze relic.

Article about: Just got this Pz badge in bronze or maybe gold, but looks bronze. Found in the Kurland pocket. Ground dug. Any opinions on the maker is welcome..

Default Re: Panzer badge in bronze relic

Quote by Dean View Post
    Thanks Eric, if it weren't for the stellar members here I wouldn't own this or have the awesome info from members here. This is the best and, I am proud to say, the only online forum I belong to.
    Dean.
    It is also the only forum I use.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze relic.
    P
    Many

Good to see You are happy with this badge. Actually these badges are all cleaned but I'm not sure how. I have seen then also before cleaning and they were all black. More that 50 badges were found last year from Kurland pocket area and I still have around 20 of them. As some of them have been in the fire I quess it is the place when Germans burned their uniforms, documents and awards before the surrender in May 1945.

?

Thanks Juhan, it is quite a shame so much was destroyed during the capitulation . Karell gott, I believe found a pile of melted SS buckles from the same time and area. It is, however , understood they disposed of they're awards as the Russians would have punished those with medals.the more medals, the more Russians killed, in they're eyes.
    Dean

I belive Karell Gott found these buckles from Karelian Front, not from Latvia. But very true - it was not wise to have any insignia, medals, documents etc before You had to surrender. If You were in Waffen SS or had a black panzer uniform it was also a good idea to get rid of it because many Waffen SS members or anyone with Totenkopf or with black uniform were just murdered and never sent to the prison camp.

Anyway - Kurland pocket area is one of the best places to find German thrown away stuff even today.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    But very true - it was not wise to have any insignia, medals, documents etc before You had to surrender. If You were in Waffen SS or had a black panzer uniform it was also a good idea to get rid of it because many Waffen SS members or anyone with Totenkopf or with black uniform were just murdered and never sent to the prison camp.
    This is what my father told me directly as well, if your tank was destroyed, get rid of your uniform and find some field grey to wear.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze relic.

Interesting, thanks friends. So sad this happened .war is ugly. No matter what side you're on.,
    Dean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2