Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen Bronze Stick Pin

Article about: This pin caught my eye on a vendor table over weekend. Wondering if a common item. Hoping I posted pin in the right area. John

Hi Ralph, after looking at MAPs stick pin, I noticed that it appears to be flat. Mine is concave, wondering if any of yours are concave?

John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen Bronze Stick Pin
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Hi MAP, thanks for the picture of the edge on your stick pin. I measured mine and it is 16.77mm. Your edge seems a lot smoother and equal thickness all around than mine. The thickness of the medal is .98mm. On the back of my stick pin there is a raised edge around the entire outside edge. My medal is also concave. Do you know anything about the manufacturing process.

John
    I know very little about how they were made. These are private purchase items. No control process that I'm aware of (from the authorities). So as Ralph noted earlier, each manufacture had their own standards. I've seen dozens of these and some look highly detailed while others were blobs.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map and Ralph, I thank you both for all your help on this stickpin. I only own this one and I did not pay much for it, $60. In the last two weeks, I have gain the knowledge probably to make a better purchase next time. Knowledge is key in making wise choices in this hobby. Would also be lost without this web site.

John

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Map and Ralph, I thank you both for all your help on this stickpin. I only own this one and I did not pay much for it, $60. In the last two weeks, I have gain the knowledge probably to make a better purchase next time. Knowledge is key in making wise choices in this hobby. Would also be lost without this web site.

John
    We try our best to give accurate advice but as you know, none of us were there at the time.
    I can only suggest that you consider the $25. per year to help this forum continue to operate and help those with less knowledge.
    Also, the membership fees will give you access to all of the data bases that exist on this site.
    Ralph.

P.S. I will take a look at some more of mine and see if they are convex.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I checked out my GAB, IAB, Wound Badges and they are all flat. Some of my EK stick pins are concave but these are much higher quality and also much smaller. I have a dozen or so more of other types (West Wall, RAD, etc) but didn't pull them out so not sure.

My IAB as an example. Quality is not so great. Maybe some zinc pest. Not sure

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi John,
    I took out most of my PAB stick pins and took some photos.
    There is some variation in the amount of detail and there is one that is slightly convex, the second from the right. It also has the disc where the pin is attached, like yours.
    One does not even have the barrel completely cut out.
    You can make your own call.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, thanks for the pics of your stickpin collection. Very nice collection, must have taken you some time to accumulate it. Upon comparing mine to the second from the right of yours, I believe I see some similar attributes. First being concave, the extra material around the inside cut outs, and the outside edge possible.

Regards

John

Map, thank you for the pics of you stickpin. It does look like a little zinc pest is going on. I noticed a good defined edge, looks like there are no casting imperfections. I would say that the pin is cast in a correct medal die of the time. You have to be a real Sherlock Holmes on figuring what you think you may have or not have sometimes.

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2