Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?

Article about: This is another I am considering. Mine looks very similar to the one mentioned by Rory. From the limited reading I've done here, I was wondering if the solid backs are mostly late war? How w

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?

Hi Si,i think it may be ok. Chances are it is. But something spooks me a little. I'd really like,if possible. Better pics,all so far have been very blurry. My concern is that there's a very good fake KVM about. Hope you understand mate. Stewy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

No problem, I appreciate your interest; I'll try another camera, hopefully get them up in a couple hours.

?

Could not get another camera, so lets see if these are more clear; the eagle head is faint, hopefully just from wear (edit see next post)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?  

Last edited by Simon2; 12-01-2011 at 12:48 AM.

?

better pictures of eagle head
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?  

Hi Si,thanks for extra pics. It's a good one IMO. Stewy

?

Thanks Stewy, I truly appreciate your concern and request for more info. The eagle head is somewhat light on detail; I looked back on a previous post where you had a link to your example (with the extra photo inset of the head)--that one has better detail so I understand your concern.
    Was there anything in particular about the head that concerns you?
    Is the shiny area about the hinge normal or sign of a repair?
    What would be your best guess for timeframe of this badge?
    This one is the most expensive of the 4 I am looking at so the more info I can get the better-hope my questions are not a bother....

The shape of the eagles brow bothered me in original pics. As for the hinge,if you mean the rivet. It looks slightly odd,but that may just be the pics. I don't think the hinge has been re-attached. IMO it's a late war '44ish'. Stewy

Oh & it's a zinker,but i guess you know that. Stewy

?

these show the shinier area under the hinge, which led me too think it might have been sodered/repaired but as I look at it again I am probably over-concerned.
    thanks again and looking forward to reading about others finds and purchases,
    best, S2

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?  

?

Yes, but not sure exactly what the background is of the zinc badges--is the bronze/silver designation simply a color distinction for the recipient and the underlying base metal varies?

Since the consensus is that this one is original, I am now on the look out for a silver version.

I have a lot of reading to catch up again re varieties of various badges.

I need to get an Eastfront medal and some version of a cross too, but don't tell the wife <g>.
    Last edited by Simon2; 12-01-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: more info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2