Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.

Article about: There are ways and means around most things when it comes to the Internet: you just need to know your way around: Tankbadges I have posted this before. But it will be buried in the forum's u

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.

only a front picture. is there a source or sticky for telltale signs of fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-16-2012 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.

Are there any pics of the back? Could you request one?

Hard to tell from this single image but the details look very soft. Maybe one of the others can offer further opinions?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Better pic's front and back needed. It maybe o.k. but it's impossible to form a considered opinion on this poor, angled shot alone.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Apparently there is another photo, of the reverse.
    This was posted on WAf and was deemed to be a "cutter fake" by two very knowledgeable individuals.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.   Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

very interesting; I will check it out on other forum to see if poster from same area as me.
    thanks.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Apparently there is another photo, of the reverse.
    This was posted on WAf and was deemed to be a "cutter fake" by two very knowledgeable individuals.
    Ralph.
    I found it thanks

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the link. The main giveaways after the sharp unfinished edge on these fakes is the lack of a waffle crimp catch plate, all AWS Panzerkampf Abzeichen's had these. Another thing that is not immeadiate unless you have the badge in hand is the poor finish on the fake, it feels rough and slightly gritty. AWS along with EWE were the very best finished awards of all the 'Vienna' design badges, and the finish on them is visibly superior in hand.

If this badge were a real AWS Panzerkampf Abzeichen in silver it would be one of the rarest badges of the 'Vienna' pattern, and very desirable.

Here's a pic of a genuine AWS waffle crimp catch plate (catch itself missing), remember it. These are now being copied too, but not well enough to pass muster if you know an original.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm looking at the left and right edges of the left track and it seems to me like big blobs. There is no fine detail. Also, the canon has a piece that is hanging from the bottom near the mouth and seems as if the detail there is not sufficient. As far as I know, Germans were very proud of their achievements and that is would have been reflected on their awards, especially a silver issue. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but this seems to be a bad copy to me as well.

They only came in silver colour/plate/frosting. ( Bronze colour for motorised corps.........)
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast