Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.

Article about: There are ways and means around most things when it comes to the Internet: you just need to know your way around: Tankbadges I have posted this before. But it will be buried in the forum's u

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.

Quote by wildkatz22 View Post
    I'm looking at the left and right edges of the left track and it seems to me like big blobs. There is no fine detail. Also, the canon has a piece that is hanging from the bottom near the mouth and seems as if the detail there is not sufficient. As far as I know, Germans were very proud of their achievements and that is would have been reflected on their awards, especially a silver issue. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but this seems to be a bad copy to me as well.
    If you think that's bad take a look at this! Rare and desirable to collectors, but it hit every branch as it fell out the ugly tree.....A genuine Hymmen Panzerkampf Abzeichen, and considered to be an example with a lot of it's original finish left. These things look terrible yet are bona fide awards, the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's made by them are awful looking too....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen coming up at auction.
    P
    Many

I'm guessing Ned ( and correct me if I'm going out on a limb here ) but when one is covered in sweat, grease, grime and powder residue, comparing the quality of each others badges in between tank battles is fairly low on the agenda? ........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    If you think that's bad take a look at this! Rare and desirable to collectors, but it hit every branch as it fell out the ugly tree.....A genuine Hymmen Panzerkampf Abzeichen, and considered to be an example with a lot of it's original finish left. These things look terrible yet are bona fide awards, the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's made by them are awful looking too....
    That is a hideous looking badge but it's ugliness also makes it an easy one to identify.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by big ned View Post
    Ned,

My intention is not to question anyone's judgement or knowledge, it is simply to understqand how things are done. So please bare my ignorance on this and help me with the following question.

After reading the replies I received to my question "What are the indications that a given award is real", I understand that the best way to identify if an award is real or not is by looking at the manufacturing quality of the badge and by comparing to a known original by the same manufacturer.

If I had seen the badge you posted for sale somewhere (without knowing its original), I simply would not have given it another look because the workmanship is not exactly high quality. Also, similar to many other badges, I did not see any maker marks in this badge. Furthermore, from what I understand, the quality of these awards deteriorated towards to later parts of the war (understandably).

So as a beginner, I learned that I probably should consider each piece as a potentially authentic until proven to be a reproduction. My questions is, as a beginner, considering there are many manufacturers of these awards, may variations within in the same manufacturer, where do I begin my research in to different manufacturers of a particular badge to authenticate the award?

Thank you very much.

?

If you take a look at the pinned 'Useful Reference Links' thread at the top of the main Orders and Decorations page, you will see a link to a Panzerkampfabzeichen site which lists all the makers and probably all of the variants.

There are many links there which are good to look through. They are there in one thread to save the first page being taken up with umpteen pinned threads.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The PAB went for $100 at the auction. I did feel the sharp edges around the rear section containing the tank barrel.

Quote by josephc View Post
    The PAB went for $100 at the auction. I did feel the sharp edges around the rear section containing the tank barrel.
    Someone got rogered as per usual then. Glad it wasn't you old boy.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    If you take a look at the pinned 'Useful Reference Links' thread at the top of the main Orders and Decorations page, you will see a link to a Panzerkampfabzeichen site which lists all the makers and probably all of the variants.

There are many links there which are good to look through. They are there in one thread to save the first page being taken up with umpteen pinned threads.
    The Panzerkampfabzeichen link is disabled Ade.

Sadly I think I know why the site is no longer available: the owner Mike Pinkus was murdered. I suspect since he has passed away the family no longer pay for the site to be maintained.

There is a way to recover some of the info bear with me. Back in a minute or two.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    The Panzerkampfabzeichen link is disabled Ade.
    Unfortunately the person that created that site was murdered.
    The site stayed up for some time but has now become unavailable.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast