Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)

Article about: HELLO Guys , i`m still looking for original Panzerkampfabzeichen badge. This is one more example. Please , tell me your opinion , is it any good? For me it`s looks fine. Thank you for your t

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)

HELLO Guys , i`m still looking for original Panzerkampfabzeichen badge. This is one more example. Please , tell me your opinion , is it any good? For me it`s looks fine.
    Thank you for your time!Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)

Hi Faust,

It has potential as a genuine 'Daisy' Panzerkampf Abzeichen. But the photo's are nowhere near good enough to be 100% sure. This particular type is faked so well it's really difficult to spot the little anomalies. Try and get some close up, sharp photo's of the areas i've highlighted below, and ask the guy to do straight on shots as well.

Anyone would think that they're trying to hide something. If that's not possible, for whatever reasons, walk away from it.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy) 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thank you , Ned. I have here 2 more pictures. I did contact seller , i`m waiting for answer .
    Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)

If pushed i'd give it a cautious O.K. as being an original type 'A' Daisy PAB, which is fairly rare. But I want to be certain. So better pictures really are a must, otherwise you may end up with a complete pup or will forever be left wondering if it is genuine or not.

If he won't do it right, I say again, walk away. There's plenty of badges out there without potential issues.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi Ned, i`ve got new pictures, what do you think?
    Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)Panzerkampfabzeichen (Daisy)
    Thanks a lot!!!

Hi Faust,

Thanks for the better pic's. The badge is a genuine Semi-Hollow Daisy 'Type B' Panzerkampf Abzeichen. Although the maker is unknown, it is suspected to be from the maker Schauerte & Hohfeld. There were two types, the 'A' and 'B', the distinctive cross hatching between the eagles legs and wings, and the lack of a massive die flaw on the right track show that this example is a type 'B'.

This is one of the commonest Panzerkampf Abzeichen's out there, and is faked extremely well, but the smooth detail on the transmission covers show that this is a good original. The round wire catch on the reverse is facing the left which is unusual on most badges, but is found on daisies quite often alongside right facing catches. All these things add up to it being a genuine piece. Thanks for taking the time to get better pic's, you can now buy it with confidence.

Regards, Ned.

?

Thank you very much, Ned for your very detailed description and help.
    Ilya.