Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen good ?

Article about: Hi, please, your opinions of this Panzerkampfabzeichen. thanks

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen good ?

Hi,
    please, your opinions of this Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    thanks
    Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?
    P
    Many

Welcome on the forum, it was on a French Forum ? MC3?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I am not as good as Ned on these but I think its ok,aside from the sloppy pin and hook fixings its a Rudolf Souval of Vienna.

I think Ned is in vacation
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I told it's not good because of the blebs, and look at the grass !

Hi nrik,

It looks like an original war time compatible wide maker mark Souval PAB to my eyes. The catch misplacement is odd, but not a worry to me, I've seen similar.Unfortunately the flaw on the left inner wing in the shape of the number '7' is covered by black crud. It should be there as it is on all genuine Souval PAB's, and I've indicated it below. But that alongside the flaw on the swastika arm and the rear set up and general finish make me give it a .

Regards, Ned.

Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi ,
    thanks for your opinion, I will look for the 7.
    éric

Here is the marking on the wing of my example that Ned is talking about.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by nrik View Post
    Hi ,
    thanks for your opinion, I will look for the 7.
    éric
    Hi Eric,

It should be realised that the presence of the '7' flaw is by no way an indication the badge is genuine, casting techniques today are good enough to copy even the smallest flaw. BUT if the flaw is NOT present then the badge is definitely fake, as no R.S. PAB has ever been found without it. On the other hand, any other maker marked or hollow/semi hollow PAB that DOES have the flaw is a guaranteed bogus badge.

Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?

BTW, a couple of better pic's of the hinge, open and closed would also be of help if possible!

Regards, Ned.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Here is the marking on the wing of my example that Ned is talking about.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph,

Have you any opinion on this piece either way? I see you have noticed it on WAF, but so far no one has commented on it other than to point out it was in the wrong sub forum.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Ralph,

Have you any opinion on this piece either way? I see you have noticed it on WAF, but so far no one has commented on it other than to point out it was in the wrong sub forum.

Regards, Ned.
    Hello Ned,
    I was kind of hoping to wait for all of the evidence to come in.
    That fact that the catch plate is not in the recess does not really bother me, would I buy an example with this issue? No, I would not. I don't think it indicates a that this is a fake since the catch and plate are what I would expect to see.
    If you look at the photo I posted previously, you will notice that the same flaw exists between the wing and swastika on the left side.
    Also, if you take a look at the top front link on the track, left track facing tank, you will see the inner "lug" is unusual. I will post a full frontal, (of my PAB) to compare.
    While I can not explain the flaw, on the original one posted, on the right of the swastika, I believe this one is original.
    I would still like to see a photo of the "7" flaw on the inner wing.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast