Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen good ?

Article about: Hi, please, your opinions of this Panzerkampfabzeichen. thanks

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Ned,
    I was kind of hoping to wait for all of the evidence to come in.
    That fact that the catch plate is not in the recess does not really bother me, would I buy an example with this issue? No, I would not. I don't think it indicates a that this is a fake since the catch and plate are what I would expect to see.
    If you look at the photo I posted previously, you will notice that the same flaw exists between the wing and swastika on the left side.
    Also, if you take a look at the top front link on the track, left track facing tank, you will see the inner "lug" is unusual. I will post a full frontal, (of my PAB) to compare.
    While I can not explain the flaw, on the original one posted, on the right of the swastika, I believe this one is original.
    I would still like to see a photo of the "7" flaw on the inner wing.
    Ralph.
    I know what you mean!

There is another small production flaw seen on originals that never get's a mention, probably because it's barely noticable, but for that very reason may be significant. It's the small diagonal lines leaning downwards right to left on the seam immediately below the gearbox covers. I hope you don't mind that I've used your pic to highlight these, but they do show up well on your quality photo. I'm trying to convince myself that I can see these on the OP's badge, but it's not at all easy! They MAY be present is my best answer!!

Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?

I would also like to see better pic's of the hinge open/closed with the pin pressure foot visible as already mentioned, as I think this will help a lot. All things being said, I still think the badge is genuine at this time.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?
    P
    Many

?

Hi,
    very interesting .
    here a better pics but I do not see anything!

éric

?

Hi Eric,

Well that's really unequivocal for me I'm afraid! I originally thought this one stood a chance, but the missing '7' flaw on the inner wing proves this can't be a genuine Souval PAB. Furthermore, the eagles head is completely undefined, and appears to have a serious casting flaw or 'blow hole' that I've indicated. As these badges were die struck rather than cast, this is also a serious problem that for me negates the badges originality to the extent that I would not entertain it in my collection unfortunately.

Compare it to the genuine eagle next to it, the differences are obvious in the new photo, and that isn't really acceptable, but it only became clear due to the better picture you have supplied, so thanks for that, because without it I would probably still have continued to believe it was a good piece, as most of the rest of the badge is correct in appearance.

To surmise, I would say a worryingly good well aged fake, where only close inspection has revealed it's failings, such is the way things are going.

Regards, Ned.

EDIT: The lack of diagonal lines on the seam below the gearboxes is also another nail in the coffin I'm afraid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?   Panzerkampfabzeichen  good ?  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi ,
    ok Ned , there is no longer any doubt about it ! many thanks
    very good topic !
    éric

?

what think of this one?
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-01-2015 at 06:00 PM.

I just want to say thank you to Ned, for such a great description on what to look for, as i want to start getting some of these beautiful (but heavily faked) badges..and to the original poster nrik for some really good close ups

Quote by nrik View Post
    what think of this one?
    Please start a new thread for this one so that it can be discussed properly and does not make this thread confusing. Also, please post photos properly, no photo hosting sites.
    Ralph.
    Sorry Ned, you will have to repost.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Yes, that's right! wizardman
    and thank you very much Ned , I acquired of knowledge !
    éric

?

ok!rbminis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2