Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

panzerkampfabzeichen hollowback , authentic?

Article about: i had seen this on a forum and seller and i are unsure of its authenticity. can anyone help give an i.d to maker? also authenticity? any insight would be greatly appreciated looks like a onc

Default panzerkampfabzeichen hollowback , authentic?

i had seen this on a forum and seller and i are unsure of its authenticity. can anyone help give an i.d to maker? also authenticity?
    any insight would be greatly appreciated

looks like a once silvered zinc construction hollowback
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture panzerkampfabzeichen hollowback , authentic?   panzerkampfabzeichen hollowback , authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement panzerkampfabzeichen hollowback , authentic?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I have only see a hinge plate like that in my reference material for two makers. Wilhelm Deumer and Hymmen & Co. But neither of them have the catch as this one has. The obverse is different as well.

I'm still learning these awards, so best wait for other.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks i am sure sure we can pin it down

It looks like a Wilhelm Deumer to me.
    The trimming looks a little poorly executed though and I can't seem to make out the Daisy on the reverse.
    Here is my silver example to compare.
    Ralph.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, "Daisy", Wilhelm Deumer
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This is a fake based on the hollow zinc Deumer PAB. Note the strange no necked eagles head. It's a fairly common fake that seems to use the head found on the Vienna design Heer Flak badges. The missing daisy as mentioned by Ralph is also another problem. This badge is also shown in another thread here with crappier pictures, causing me to say it's original, which it clearly is not! Gwar, I chastise thee for trying to pull a fast one, ye varlet!

Panzerkampfabzeichen for review

Vigilant, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Big Ned , I do not wish to ram horns,,, Please look at the pics I have provided This V.s. That.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

big ned and gwar thank you so much. i have seen a few of these floating around on the internet and forum.. makes me wonder where these are coming from.
    you guys have given me the proper information in regards to what to look for etc.
    very convincing counterfeit, it should be destroyed .....