Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"

Article about: Hi What are the thought on this badge? These are the best photos at the moment. Thanks Regards Marvin

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"

Hi
    What are the thought on this badge? These are the best photos at the moment.
    Thanks
    Regards
    Marvin
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"  Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"  Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"  Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"  Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" 
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-26-2019 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"
    P
    Many

Repro

MAP
    ?

Would need to have much better photos. These are too small and can not be expanded.

Trying to be an unmarked JFS but is wrong.

From what I can see, I do not like the pin (should be coke bottle shape), hinge nor the catch (JFS's has a very unique crimp that is hard to replicate). Also the back is very smooth. These typically have some minor to heavy bubbling to the reverse.

Please compare to these

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFS

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe 50 JFS

Edit: John beat me to the punch...I take too long to type......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    John beat me to the punch...I take too long to type......
    I only had to type one word Nice detailed post explaining the flaws though. I figured the OP is capable of finding other countless originals on the forum to compare to.

?

Thanks for the input. It is kind of hard to compare with others when you don't know where to start looking.
    for the comparison. I only have Niemann's book to use for comparison for badges other than Luftwaffe. The info is much appreciated.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Marvin View Post
    Thanks for the input. It is kind of hard to compare with others when you don't know where to start looking.
    for the comparison. I only have Niemann's book to use for comparison for badges other than Luftwaffe. The info is much appreciated.
    Niemann's book is not a reference guide. The best resource is this forum. Loads of examples of good and bad and often with details to help you understand what to look for. Use the search bar at the top of every page to begin your research.

That said, good reference books are very helpful. Especially to learn the basics. For PAB's, Philippe De Bocks two volume set (The German Panzer Assault Badge of World War II) is a must have

I think it is out of print but they are easy to find (not cheap) used or even still in the shrink wrap.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I agree with highly detailed reference book, I have bought a few. It is just hard when you want to collect, like it seems "everything". I can see why some people focus on one type a decoration due to the cost of these reference books but one bad purchase and your out more than just the book price.
    One question I have is, are the people that are trying to deceive people, also using the references to create better copies or are there just some manufacturing practice of the past that cannot be copied?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Marvin View Post
    I agree with highly detailed reference book, I have bought a few. It is just hard when you want to collect, like it seems "everything". I can see why some people focus on one type a decoration due to the cost of these reference books but one bad purchase and your out more than just the book price.
    One question I have is, are the people that are trying to deceive people, also using the references to create better copies or are there just some manufacturing practice of the past that cannot be copied?
    Yes. I'm sure the fakers use these books as well as follow the forums. That is why the fakes are getting better and better. I would guess that the award you posted would fool 99% of collectors. Mostly because they don't belong to a forum or haven't put in the hours needed to study. But the fakers don't care about the 1% of collectors that catch these fakes. They make their $$$ on the other 99%

If I'm buying more than 1 or two awards, I will usually splurge for a good reference book.