Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav Brehmer

Article about: hi, recently picked this badge up, wondering if anyone can help and tell me if this is an original ?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav Brehmer

hi, recently picked this badge up, wondering if anyone can help and tell me if this is an original ?
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-20-2015 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav Brehmer
    P
    Many

This is the one that was on Fleabay last night isn't it?
    I guess it was removed after somebody reported the TR Connection.

I thought it looked like a closish match to an original.
    I haven't had time to look at it closely.

All the best

hi
    yeah i put it on, had numerous offers, decided to do a bit more research and found out they can be worth a bit of money, i will put more pictures on later

Quote by Calvin Mcculloch View Post
    hi
    yeah i put it on, had numerous offers, decided to do a bit more research and found out they can be worth a bit of money, i will put more pictures on later
    It is a pity this one is knocked about so much.
    Looking forward to seeing the better pictures.

If Big Ned was here he would let you know in an instant if it was good or bad.

Hi Calvin and welcome to the forum!

I've edited my reply completely since the pic's that were added whilst I was writing this post tell a possible different story!! Here's my '25' for comparison.

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav BrehmerPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav BrehmerPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav BrehmerPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav BrehmerPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav BrehmerPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav Brehmer

And side by side with my '50' showing a variant rear set up.

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav BrehmerPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav Brehmer

It stands a chance of being a clumsily repaired original thats been polished to death, but as Doug says, only more and better pic's will help decide for sure IMO.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

That's a good enough answer for me Ned thank you.

Calvin, better pictures would help.

All the best
    Last edited by Saladin; 07-20-2015 at 03:30 PM.

thanks for your help, i will post a few more better pictures when i get home, appreciate it

Looking more closely at the rear shot of the badge, I think I see a little ray of sunlight. On the early numbered PAB's made by Brehmer, the tool mark on the pin bend is almost like fingerprint evidence when it comes to aiding identification of a genuine piece as it is unique and constant. The fakers cannot copy this (yet) and it is a good indicator as to a badges authenticity. Take a look at this highlighted version of your original photo:

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav Brehmer

And now two examples of the tool marks on a couple of genuine G.B. numbered badges:

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav BrehmerPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25", Gustav Brehmer

I think most would agree that all three are of the same configuration. In my opinion that goes a long way here as far as verifying your badge's credentials, but I must stress that more pic's are required to back this up.

Fingers crossed, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast