Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFS

Article about: First and foremost a big thanks to Ned for helping me out with this. Couldn't have done it without him. Here is a early textbook PAB 25 in near perfect condition. Maker is JFS (Josef Feix &a

MAP
    ?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFS

First and foremost a big thanks to Ned for helping me out with this. Couldn't have done it without him.

Here is a early textbook PAB 25 in near perfect condition. Maker is JFS (Josef Feix & Sohne, Galbonz).

It still retains almost all of the heavy quality silver finish on the both the obverse wreath as well as the reverse and the number shield still retains almost all of its gilding. The Panzer also is still heavily blackened.

In looking close (and thanks again to Ned), there is just slight wear to some of the tank treads and on the reverse some wear around the edges leading to the conclusion that this, despite its excellent condition is an issued and worn example.

If you refer to Volume II of Philippe DeBocks book "The German Panzer Assault Badge of World War II" please compare to version 7.2.1 on page 700-701.

Other textbooks highlights
    1) Page 711 - The catch, formed as a U shaped hook with the stress marks on the side as well as a slight protrusion of extra metal near the bottom.

2) Page 712 - During the crimping process of the catch, early versions have a deeply shaped oval impression with a "checker" or diamond shape mark at the 9 O'clock position

3) Page 711 - The hinge, like the catch shows stress marks from the bending process

4) Page 714 - The upper left track chain is highly detailed with a slight wavy pattern as well as the extra relief in the three spokes of the sprocket wheel.

5) Page 715 - Over time, due to a die flaw, the eagles talons over time developed damage, until ultimately the talons were no longer visible. This version has no damage indicating that it is an early production.

6) Page 716-17 - The number shield is zinc and typically loses its finish. Later versions also had a die flaw were excess metal residue linked the bottom of the "5" to the shield's base.

Today was not a good picture day but I did my best...If requested I will take better pictures in the daylight this weekend.

Regards,

Michael

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFSPanzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFS
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFS
    P
    Many

Beautiful piece and also fascinating photographs!
    Thanks for showing!

Congratulations Michael!
    This is a fine example and I am sure it will be one of the cornerstones of your collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Landser I View Post
    Beautiful piece and also fascinating photographs!
    Thanks for showing!
    Thanks! Not crazy about the photos myself, a bit washed out. I can do better in daylight.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Congratulations Michael!
    This is a fine example and I am sure it will be one of the cornerstones of your collection.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph. And hopefully it is the beginning cornerstone to build off of over time
    Last edited by MAP; 02-10-2016 at 05:04 PM.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Excellent. Well done.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looks great Michael! It's as good an example as they get, and the photo's are pretty good IMO. The one showing the striations on the catch could be a used as a textbook image of what the catch on any numbered JFS PAB or GAB should look like, if it ain't the same as this, then you've got problems folks. The other (nice) problem you've got now is that this lovely example won't be enough.....But I guess you know that now!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Looks great Michael! It's as good an example as they get, and the photo's are pretty good IMO. The one showing the striations on the catch could be a used as a textbook image of what the catch on any numbered JFS PAB or GAB should look like, if it ain't the same as this, then you've got problems folks. The other (nice) problem you've got now is that this lovely example won't be enough.....But I guess you know that now!

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned. Agree, I've tried to take pictures of most of the "textbook" / critical elements for others to study. The hinge too should have the same marks as the catch.

And the other problem is 100% correct. Besides the fact that this one will be difficult to upgrade, I'm already looking for the next one....and I haven't even paid the credit card bill for this one yet. Luckily they don't pop up too often!

Very Nice textbook badge. I started with just one a nice Bronze GB Stufe II and they seem to multiply in direct proportion to my declining bank balance.

MAP
    ?

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Very Nice textbook badge. I started with just one a nice Bronze GB Stufe II and they seem to multiply in direct proportion to my declining bank balance.
    Oh no....I have too many other "must haves". Can not let these things become Tribbles and breed exponentially.... Lol

. Congrats

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast