Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"

Article about: Hello, I kindly and deeply ask for your help to identify my badge. Wreath = 44.5 mm (without tank), 47.5 mm inclusive tank Height=62 mm Weighs 33.7 grams

MAP
    ?

No problem. If I remember correctly (probably not), there was a near perfect (at least to me) fake on a well know auction house early this year/late last year. It was spotted and pulled but to me it looked good. I know enough to get myself in trouble. The "big guns" here will correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"
    P
    Many

Michael. Can you please clarify something for me by comparison of this bade to yours? If this is an unmarked JFS? It looks as though the main drive cog wheel on the left side of the track is different than on yours? The OP'S has five outer teeth I only count four on yours. Again could be a later or earlier die difference? Wear. Or I'm just really tired and reaching. In any event best regards and thanks.

Brian

MAP
    ?

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Michael. Can you please clarify something for me by comparison of this bade to yours? If this is an unmarked JFS? It looks as though the main drive cog wheel on the left side of the track is different than on yours? The OP'S has five outer teeth I only count four on yours. Again could be a later or earlier die difference? Wear. Or I'm just really tired and reaching. In any event best regards and thanks.

Brian
    Yes, it is an unmarked JFS. No difference in the marked/unmarked or 25 and 50 awards. All the same so all traits should be the same. JFS's are the easiest to learn as there are no variations at all with the exception of the die flaw on the talons and a circular impression on some examples on the reverse around the catch.

If I understand you correctly, both have 5 teeth. My 50 is just a tunic worn piece and shows much more wear IHMO...The bottom "tooth" is pretty worn down.

Also look at each of the tread on the top (they look like tiny wheels) on both the OP's award as well as mine. You will see they are the same. I've highlighted one that is most noticeable that looks like a double strike.

Here is another link to my JFS PAB 25. Photos are not as good but more details on what to look for

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFS

Here is a side by side of my 50 and the OP's

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2