Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50", GB, Gustav Brehmer

Article about: A recent addition to my Panzerkampfabzeichen collection. I was not planning on purchasing this example as it falls a little outside of my collecting focus but, a special someone convinced me

Quote by big ned View Post
    Oh boy that's a suh-weet combination Ralph!!

The mini is very rare, I've only ever seen a couple on other forums and never had one in hand, but the one above is a type that's cropped up before. Not a lot is known about them, the LDO number L/56 is actually for the maker Funcke & Bruninghaus and the badge appears to be made completely from buntmetall as opposed to the usual zinc, as it was a scarce prime material by 1943 when the badge was first introduced.

It's an absolute pleasure to see these two matching badges together, don't ever part them out mate, they just compliment each other so well even down to the matching patina, that's no coincidence believe me! I can't add much more, other than they make a sublime little display together, bloody marvellous!!

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks much Ned!
    I guess I'll have to edit my post now, I guess I should have checked the LDO number instead of taking what someone else said for granted.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50", GB, Gustav Brehmer
    P
    Many

A lovely pair!!

Steve

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    A lovely pair!!

Steve
    Thank you Steve!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Both are indeed real quality & I'm all for items/groupings staying together. Ned you are very gracious! Things like this are a big reason for this hobby. True collectors, well done Gentlemen. You should both be applauded IMO. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Both are indeed real quality & I'm all for items/groupings staying together. Ned you are very gracious! Things like this are a big reason for this hobby. True collectors, well done Gentlemen. You should both be applauded IMO. Stewy
    I like to spread the love around.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I like to spread the love around.
    Somebody has to. Stop it you're making me blush. Stewy

?

The PAB and the stick pin combo just make for a beautiful set.
    Congrats Ralph
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    The PAB and the stick pin combo just make for a beautiful set.
    Congrats Ralph
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil!
    I have to say, my largest single purchase to date.
    Well worth it.
    Ralph.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Thanks Stewy!
    Ralph.

That's a great set.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast