MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)

Article about: I found these for sale the other day, and I'm wondering about their authenticity. I'm new to collecting awards, and I could really use everyone's expertise here in determining if they are au

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)

I found these for sale the other day, and I'm wondering about their authenticity. I'm new to collecting awards, and I could really use everyone's expertise here in determining if they are authentic as I have 0 knowledge on the subject. I just picked up "Detecting the Fakes" by Robin Lumsden, but I honestly can't tell for sure. My first guess thinks the Panzerkampfabzeichen is fake.

Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)

Hello and welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting and for asking the question.
    I can tell you for sure the Panzer badge is a very poor fake, very crude details, completely wrong reverse setup and I have never seen an eagle with only one toe on each foot!
    The KVK is an original, it looks like an unmarked Deschler.
    The Krimschild I can't help with as they're outside of my knowledge but I'm sure someone will be along to help out very soon.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting and for asking the question.
    I can tell you for sure the Panzer badge is a very poor fake, very crude details, completely wrong reverse setup and I have never seen an eagle with only one toe on each foot!
    The KVK is an original, it looks like an unmarked Deschler.
    The Krimschild I can't help with as they're outside of my knowledge but I'm sure someone will be along to help out very soon.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I figured the Panzer badge was a fake, but I never noticed the one toe...I didn't see any other design like it on the Panzer badge sticky either. Good to know.

Well, maybe it's a little-known special version badge awarded to tankers who had lost toes to frostbite in the Russian winter of 1941/42?

I can comment on the KVK and I agree with Adrian its an unmarked Deschler !

The Panzerkampf Abzeichen looks grotesque!

Welcome to the forum, nice to have you with us

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Well, maybe it's a little-known special version badge awarded to tankers who had lost toes to frostbite in the Russian winter of 1941/42?
    Let's go with that answer haha.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to collecting and learning more about these awards.

?

Quote by OberpfalzM3 View Post
    Let's go with that answer haha.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to collecting and learning more about these awards.
    I say it alot to new members but please don't be afraid to ask! Everyone here is willing to help and advise. It's much easier not to spend your money than try and get it back after a mistake. If you have a potential purchase in mind, post pics for the members to give their opinions on. Any decent dealer or seller shouldn't have a problem with this. There is the search option as well.

IMO, The Krim is original and made by Orth. Unfortunate about the corrosion to the obverse, but it's still a nice piece.

Here's a bit more info on the Orth Krimschild:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...im-orth-90809/

Regards,
    Rob

?

Two out of three isn't bad for a start. Can you get your money back on the Panzer badge?

One more thing worth pointing out, Robin Lumsden's 'Detecting the Fakes' was a useful book when it was published (twenty years ago?) and to a certain extent it still is for very very basic fake detection and for light reading. However, it is now completely out of date and the fakes have moved on by generations to a whole new level so please don't be fooled by thinking it is the definitive guide to detecting fakes. Keep up to date on the forum and learn about originals rather than fakes

I have never seen an eagle with only one toe on each foot!
    Lol
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast