Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)

Article about: I found these for sale the other day, and I'm wondering about their authenticity. I'm new to collecting awards, and I could really use everyone's expertise here in determining if they are au

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)

Quote by Militiaman View Post
    IMO, The Krim is original and made by Orth. Unfortunate about the corrosion to the obverse, but it's still a nice piece.

Here's a bit more info on the Orth Krimschild:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...im-orth-90809/

Regards,
    Rob
    Thanks for the update. Is there anything that should be done about the corrosion or anything I can do to prevent further corrosion?

I've always heard that you shouldn't tamper with things like these since it usually hurts them and their value in their long run. Although I never plan on selling my pieces, I'd like to keep them in the best state possible.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Two out of three isn't bad for a start. Can you get your money back on the Panzer badge?

One more thing worth pointing out, Robin Lumsden's 'Detecting the Fakes' was a useful book when it was published (twenty years ago?) and to a certain extent it still is for very very basic fake detection and for light reading. However, it is now completely out of date and the fakes have moved on by generations to a whole new level so please don't be fooled by thinking it is the definitive guide to detecting fakes. Keep up to date on the forum and learn about originals rather than fakes
    I bought the Panzerkampfabzeichen in Innsbruck from a vendor in a market, so no, I can't my money back haha. Good to know about Lumsden. After I looked it over, I figured it wasn't an end-all to fakes. There is definitely a wealth of info here to absorb before I buy anything else.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen, Krimschild, and KVK2(?)
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2