Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?

Article about: Another tank badge pick up. The sharpness of the detail and some wear caught my eye. Dealer told me it was a bronze badge. I have a hard time discerning the silver and bronze finishes. Wonde

?

It's very similar to the badge at the beginning of the topic.

Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?
    P
    Many

So ryuuk are you changing your thumbs down to a neutral opinion ?

What is your opinion on the pointed hatch cover?

John

?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    So ryuuk are you changing your thumbs down to a neutral opinion ?

What is your opinion on the pointed hatch cover?

John
    I did not change my mind. Badly I spoke only about the badge "AS in triangle" that you showed. I not correctly understood your statement in the post with "AS in triangle" badge.

And so crooked badge can be made due to the fact that the master came to work after long holidays, his hands were still shaking and he was so crookedly cut out

I think that we will never really know why a badge is made that way. One can only guess.

Sorry for the confusion with the AS PAB pic. I posted the pic to show a left handed catch. The badge also happened to be a known fake. I will return this badge to dealer, will only keep if priced for a fake.

Hello John,
    I'm back. Thank you for the better pictures,
    The badges that RYUUK shows in the first pictures are what I know as the 'flatback' Rettenmaier attributed pieces. Notice the rounded corner catch plate.
    The 'Rocky' from how I understand it has the elongated rectangular base plate. Both badges have a similar obverse design which is the same as the UU badges.

So lets have a closer look.
    Under are some pictures of a heavyweight flatback, left hand opening catch and conical cupola.
    This was given the thumbs up back 12 years ago.

If the detail of your badge is similar because the pictures aren't clear you may have a good badge.

Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?

All the best
    Doug

Hi Doug, this was the badge I saw a few days ago and did not get a chance to compare with my badge. I thank you for posting these pics for me. I just compared them and to me looks like a 100% match. The opinions on the board had my badge at thumbs down most of the weekend. I did spend quite a few hours of time on the board doing research. I was surprised that my file of known fakes has about the same number as my file for original badges. That is a little scary and I will make me much more cautious with my future purchases. Thanks again.

John

An interesting side note. I always ask a dealer if they have anything interesting when at a show. One of my favorite dealers said he had a Panzer Tank tread earlier and sold it first thing. I may come home with it if I had seen it first. Someone was pretty lucky that day.

John

Hi Ralph, I have done quite a bit of research on PAB's hoping to make a decision on what to do with this particular badge. So far, I have not been able to find a match that is decisive to confirm whether badge is real or fake. Currently I am feeling 80% chances of being a fake. I was wonder if you could post this badge for me on the Wehrmacht-Award. I am a member there but can not post pics. I will have the chance to return badge coming up soon. Much appreciated for any help you can give me.

John

An update on this badge. First I want to thank everyone for the great feedback. I decided to return it this weekend and get my money back. Vendor felt it was real and it very well may be. Great vendor though to buy from, he wanted me to be happy with my purchase.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3