Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen opinion

Article about: what think of this one?

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen opinion

what think of this one?
    Panzerkampfabzeichen opinionPanzerkampfabzeichen opinionPanzerkampfabzeichen opinionPanzerkampfabzeichen opinionPanzerkampfabzeichen opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen opinion
    P
    Many

looks ok to me,But see what Ned says.

This is a good example of an "AS in triangle", the maker is unknown although some say it is Adolph Scholtze. I do not know which die number it is but hopefully Ned will repost his response that he made in the other thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Padwan says,
    looks like it could be a dubious 3.3.2 AS in triangle with a peculiar finish and the strike looks weak.
    Is it made of buntmetal?
    The Makers stamp looks a little too central for a 3.3.2
    The pin looks to be a replacement.
    I would like to see a better shot of the head
    All the best
    Doug

?

Hi,
    it's Not magnetize ,

?

Panzerkampfabzeichen opinionPanzerkampfabzeichen opinionPanzerkampfabzeichen opinionPanzerkampfabzeichen opinion

?

Panzerkampfabzeichen opinionPanzerkampfabzeichen opinionPanzerkampfabzeichen opinion

?

Then good or not ?
    éric

Hi Eric,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been unavailable to answer as I've been in hospital all week and just got out last night. The badge is 100% correct, To answer some of the concerns that have been mentioned by Doug, AS in Triangle PAB's were a mid war type 3 badge and only ever produced in zinc, so no need to worry about that. The makers mark is absolutely correct in it's positioning on the rear of the swastika, and is clearly defined, whereas on the earlier 'Die 1' model it's always deformed.

The flat topped ball hinge is correct for the type 3.3.2, as is the more pronounced 'scooped out' and well defined rear. These two points only occur on the 'Die 2' (3.3.2) badge and non of the other badges made by them bar a single known hybrid variant of the 3.3.2/3.3.3 design that has a matching reverse set up/defined scoop. The pin is a match for the original badge and is not, IMO, replaced. The badges finish in this case is a Brennlack metal paint of matt silver that is 'baked' on, and is again, entirely correct in finish and appearance as that of originals. Finally, the eagle is the correct design type 3 bird that was used on all AS in Triangle PAB's, and there is no problem with that either.

Sorry for the long winded and complicated answer, but it's important to address the concerns raised by Doug and explain the reasons why this is a textbook badge without issue rather than a possible fake. AS in Triangle PAB's are a complicated field, and it's therefore open to 'interpretation' by the fakers who mix up the various different nuances of the 4 known die types to create believable looking fakes, but which are entirely wrong and confusing, although they can be spotted by careful examination.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello Ned, welcome back I hope you are well.
    I have been looking at this badge for a couple of days and pouring over other example in my files and on the web and still could not come to a definitive conclusion.
    What my main concern was with was that really peculiar colour toning on the back.
    It just looks like the old tempering colours (we all remember them as the light straw, dark straw brown, purple, blue) I was assuming that the badge had a look of artificial ageing.
    The other one was the bad piercing on the right hand side were the cutting tool was misaligned as I had not seen this on any of the original badges till this morning when I found one with the left hand cut misaligned.
    My concern with the pin was the flattened area where it mounts in to the hinge. I couldn't find any other examples with this procedure or any with a straight cut at the bottom, they all seemed to be round wire in the ball hinge and all seem to have a pointed tip.

Your brilliant answer is very comprehensive and explains away my concerns.

I did think I’d found the matching fake with similar attributes to this one on one of the other sites we use but this had the grass cut out so I was unable to draw any conclusion either way due to the low resolution picture

Attachment 799539Attachment 799540

All the best
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast